Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what to do with my skinny jeans?

• 07-03-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

right, i was recently given a pair of jeans by a friend they no longer fit. they unfortunately have the most hideously skinny legs i have ever seen, but i couldn't resist as they hug my ass so nicely :D

i hate the whole jeans tucked in boots thing, and i have no shoes that wont make me look like a golf club when wearing them.
    what should i do?
    i dont particularly want to buy shoes specifically to wear with these, though i was thinking i might get away with some converse as they are relatively small narrow runners and wouldn't look too bad. however the recent trend for them means everyone is wearing them, and i frankly hate the idea of looking like everyone else.

i just dont know how to wear these things and look good!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Converse could work, or you could try teaming them up flat pumps or heels - both could look good :)

Some ideas

Have to admit, I didnt like the whole skinny jeans look myself at first but I kinda like it now! Even though I know my limits and skinny jeans are unfortunately out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You could alter the ends slightly by getting some pretty material and using that to bring them out to bootcut...
    I really don't like skinny jeans though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

You could alter the ends slightly by getting some pretty material and using that to bring them out to bootcut...

I really like this idea!! :)

Do not wear skinny jeans with converse.... please don't!! If you do it will just make you look short and stumpy with a huge arse!! Skinny jeans can only be worn with a heel to be honest!!
    You could also turn up the ends of them and use them as cropped pants?? They would be deadly for the summer then! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I was going to suggest this too or you could cut them mid-calf and turn them into capri pants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think skinny Jeans look lovely-wear them with pride serphina!Unfortunatly there really is only one type of shoe you can wear with them-think Mischa Barton in the OC-they have to be the flat pump ones.They are a reallllllly good investment though and you can buy them in any colour from topshop for around 30euro(even cheaper with your student discount card).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

I was going to suggest this too or you could cut them mid-calf and turn them into capri pants?

i dont even know what these are???

flat pumps? bleh. no offence but those are those little slippery type shoes aren't they? cant stand them.

i think really my only option is to cut them. i dont think i can get away with them any other way. i did the same with jeans i got last year (legs weren't quite as skinny but i still didn't like them) which were 2 for the price of 1, so i guess i'll have two pairs now. cut them to just below the knee and folded them up a little, looked great with shoes or runners, so it seems to be the most versatile option.

thanks for the ideas anyway, but its just confirmed my belief that fashion is ridiculous and ugly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i was thinking of this but after having a good look at them i've realised the leg is really far to skinny for it to work properly, i'd have to cut half way up the leg to get it to look right.

debated getting a tailor to do it, but its pretty expensive.

we should start an anti-skinny jeans club rainbow! put pressure on the shops to get some other styles back in! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

2000th post, well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

if you dont want to wear them with pumps then roll them up a 3/4 lengths theylll look so hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Burn them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Seraphina wrote:
    i was thinking of this but after having a good look at them i've realised the leg is really far to skinny for it to work properly, i'd have to cut half way up the leg to get it to look right.

debated getting a tailor to do it, but its pretty expensive.

we should start an anti-skinny jeans club rainbow! put pressure on the shops to get some other styles back in! :p

Bootcut ftw :)
    It's a much more flattering shape for pretty much any figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

Give them to me!

BigWillyStyle

Advertisement