Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowl for chimney

Options
  • 07-03-2006 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a fitter for cowls ontop of a chimney?

Redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Redman,

Most cowls are easy enough to fit the real trick is picking the right cowl to solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Yes, well to clarify I am looking for a cowl to stop pigeons coming down our chimney. Otherwise the drag up of smoke is fine and we haven't suffered aversly from windy days either.

We had a pigeon that landed onto a roaring fire only at the weekend and aside from the trauma of watching this, I was lucky to be in the room and that a fire guard was in place. Otherwise the burning pigeon could have set the house on fire. I have never come across this before and want to save further pigeons (we have a neighbour who keeps them) from such a nasty death.

Perhaps a basic mesh cover and not a cowl is what I need.

What I do need is someone (insured) who'll go up on my roof and fit them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi redman,

There are nice bird guards for the chimney, they will certainly stop pidgeons, lucky you had the Fireguard.

There is a cheap roofer doing the rounds I'm sure somebody could give you his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

thanks pete

I welcome any recommendations from those who know someone who will pop a couple of these onto my chimneys!

Redman

Advertisement