Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiring up stereo in a civic and hyundai accent

Options
  • 08-03-2006 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I took my sony stereo out of my old car to put into my new civic. (1999 model) and the sony adaptor that came with the stereo wont link up to the single wire thing hanging out in the civic. The wire hanging in the civic is a big 16yoke that needs a pin connector to go into it. On my old car, all i had to do was connect the sony adaptor to the wires in the car and then to the stereo.
    Hmmm, anyone know what i need to get here? I thought the sony adaptor was universal.

Ps: on a second note, my friend who has a Hyundai accent `00 model, wants to take the standard radio out and put in a new one. Does the whole panel/dash bit have to come out on this car, or will the little levers just take out the radio.
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

im looking to get a similar adapter for my sony stereo. i got my mates stereo when he crashed his car and didnt get any cables/audio jacks and it wont connect to the lead in my 206. AFAIK any motor factors will have the connection, failing that try a moddifiers that deals with ICE to get a helping hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Nuttzy, This site might be of use to you. It give stereo wiring diagrams for Hondas.

On your second point, if its just a standard radio it should come out with the levers. Some stereos are bolted in, but even then its not a major job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Sounds like someone whipped off the standard adapter to iso in the civic.What make of sterio are you trying to fit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

He said it was a SONY within the first 10 words :)

Advertisement