Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ascii

Options
  • 08-03-2006 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

anyone know how to make ascii code into readable code?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

ASCII code *is* readable code. ASCII, a.k.a. ISO-646, contains the characters A-Z, a-z, 0-0 and a few punctuation characters in the range Space-DEL.

I think you mean something else: what exactly are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

ƒ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Well, that looks like a configuration file with embedded texts. It doesn't look like anything that might be converted to ASCII. Where did it originate? If it's from a web site, then it's likely to be a non-Western character set which doesn't have a representation in ASCII. If you're trying to pull the strings from a binary file (which is what this looks like), try using the Unix command "strings".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Looks like hes trying to read the strings from a binary file. Could try a resource editor. Otherwise a hex editor. But all that extra stuff is just control characters, nothing of note.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I know this is not what you are looking for, but I just found it out, it might be useful to other people

In Visual Basic.NET to get the readable letter from an ascii character you just use the statement
    Dim readableLetter as string = KeyChar.ToString()

Or something like that anyway (example gives the key pressed, ESC will be "EscapeKey"

You could also do that in c# like this
    string readableLetter = KeyChar.ToString();

• Advertisement
Advertisement