Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D

• 08-03-2006 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

whats the D for on the edge of the penalty box?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The only thing it is for is to ensure players are ten yards from the penalty spot when a penalty is taken.

This is the second time I've quoted FIFA's Officials Laws of the game tonight!
    Law 1 - The Field of Play

The Penalty Area

* A penalty area is defined at each end of the field as follows:
    Two lines are drawn at right angles to the goal line, 16.5 m (18 yds) from the inside of each goalpost. These lines extend into the field of play for a distance of 16.5 m (18 yds) and are joined by a line drawn parallel with the goal line. The area bounded by these lines and the goal line is the penalty area.

* Within each penalty area, a penalty mark is made 11 m (12 yds) from the midpoint between the goalposts and equidistant to them. An arc of a circle with a radius of 9.15 m (10 yds) from each penalty mark is drawn outside the penalty area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its a pitty referee's don't follow the laws of the game in respect of the following
    It is an infringement to enter the penalty area before the kick has been taken.

The goalkeeper also infringes the Laws if he moves from his goal line before the ball has been kicked.

If A team-mate of the player taking the kick enters the penalty area or moves in front of or within 9.15 m (10 yds) of the penalty mark:

*the referee allows the kick to proceed.

*If the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken.

*If the ball does not enter the goal, the referee stops play and restarts
    the match with an indirect free kick to the defending team.

*If the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper, the crossbar or the goalpost and is touched by this player, the referee stops play and restarts the match with an indirect free kick to the defending team.

A team-mate of the goalkeeper enters the penalty area or moves in front of or within 9.15 m (10 yds) of the penalty mark:

*the referee allows the kick to proceed.

*if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded.

*if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken.

A player of both the defending team and the attacking team infringe the Laws of the Game:

*the kick is retaken.

I was at a semi final last week and the attacking team had 3 players in the box before the ball was played and when I told the ref itshould be retaken he looked at me blankly with no idea of why?

I know we'r stuck for Ref's but the laws of the game aren't that long to remember:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

irish1 wrote:
    The goalkeeper also infringes the Laws if he moves from his goal line before the ball has been kicked.

Jaysus, do you remember Dudek in the CL final shootout last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, Dida did the exact same thing in the CL final two years before then. Its an absolute joke, and of all the peno shootouts for it to happen in, it should not happen in the CL shootouts, but it has twice in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

always wondered this. can a referee send a player off during a shout out?and if so what happens then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭finlma

TheMonster wrote:
    always wondered this. can a referee send a player off during a shout out?and if so what happens then?

Of course he can send off a goalie - it would be very difficult to be sent off during a shoot-out but definitely possible.

An outfield player would have to go in goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

I always wondered about the D but always forgot to ask. Is there any reason European referees don't use the spray can like they do in the Brazilian league? If you haven't seen it, whenever there's a freekick in a dangerous area, the ref walks the 10 yards and sprays a line of the ground that the wall has to stay behind. It stops that pathetic inching forward that so many teams are prone to do these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

TheMonster wrote:

It happened this season in Germany. I couldn't find any footage on the net at the time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054865824

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Nunu wrote:
    It happened this season in Germany. I couldn't find any footage on the net at the time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054865824
    never heard about that one.
    if a substitution was left could he be replaced though?

Advertisement