Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're All Very Lucky...

Options
  • 08-03-2006 6:09am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I had a seven page rant typed up... Unfortunately, when I clicked 'Submit' it asked me to log into Boards again and the entire ****ing thing was lost... **** this ****e...

Anyway, I'll shorten it up, minus the bitching as I can't be arsed typing all of it out again... Short and sweet - All help appreciated.

*Are there any other players here who grace the Kahdgar(sp) server on the Horde side? (Normal Server) If so, give us a shout...

*Where can I obtain Lean Wolf Steaks? To me, it means 'Kill Wolves, Cook the meat' but I can't seem to find any 'wolves' and I'm pretty damn sure that no meat vendors out there actually sell them... I've been pointed in the direction of a place on the CrossRoads boarder area... I'm just too damn lazy to trek all the way there to maim some low level beasts to obtain stupid meat...

*How do I leave a Guild?

*Can I transfer my character to another server? If so, how?

*Do bank slots obtained in one area / town carry across to all other areas / towns?

*Who / What exactly can I pickpocket? I've tried friendly, neutral and hostile characters (obviously not pocketless beasts) and the only things I seem to be able to pilfer from are things I'd much rather maim with a throat wrenching garotte, gouge to the face then lob in some backstabbing before I 'loot' their writhing corpses... What's the ****ing point?

*How do I obtain a pet? While I understand that Druids / Shamen can morph into beasts, Warlocks can summon beasts and Hunters can tame beasts, I've seen plenty of other classes roaming around with cute little pets...

Can't be arsed typing out all the other million questions I had, seeing as they were lost in my last rant... I'm sure I'll find out at some stage...

Anyways, any / all help greatly appreciated... For the Horde, etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

RopeDrink wrote:
    I had a seven page rant typed up... Unfortunately, when I clicked 'Submit' it asked me to log into Boards again and the entire ****ing thing was lost... **** this ****e...

Anyway, I'll shorten it up, minus the bitching as I can't be arsed typing all of it out again... Short and sweet - All help appreciated.

*Are there any other players here who grace the Kahdgar(sp) server on the Horde side? (Normal Server) If so, give us a shout...

*Where can I obtain Lean Wolf Steaks? To me, it means 'Kill Wolves, Cook the meat' but I can't seem to find any 'wolves' and I'm pretty damn sure that no meat vendors out there actually sell them... I've been pointed in the direction of a place on the CrossRoads boarder area... I'm just too damn lazy to trek all the way there to maim some low level beasts to obtain stupid meat...

*How do I leave a Guild?

*Do bank slots obtained in one area / town carry across to all other areas / towns?

*Who / What exactly can I pickpocket? I've tried friendly, neutral and hostile characters (obviously not pocketless beasts) and the only things I seem to be able to pilfer from are things I'd much rather maim with a throat wrenching garotte, gouge to the face then lob in some backstabbing before I 'loot' their writhing corpses... What's the ****ing point?

*How do I obtain a pet? While I understand that Druids / Shamen can morph into beasts, Warlocks can summon beasts and Hunters can tame beasts, I've seen plenty of other classes roaming around with cute little pets...

Can't be arsed typing out all the other million questions I had, seeing as they were lost in my last rant... I'm sure I'll find out at some stage...

1. I have an alt(Bangers, Troll Warrior) on Khadgar, only low level though and I'm levelling up there with a friend so not on too often. The server always seems busy when I log on though, tons of people around!

2. Yea, from wolves. Not that familiar with horde yet so can't really tell you where to hunt.

3. Type '/gquit'

4. Generally not, sometimes they open migration from high population servers to low population servers to balance things, and there's talk of them introducing paid character transfers in future. Check the official website for details.

5. Yes they do, all banks link to the same store where you have all your banked items and bags.

6. Never been a rogue, but I believe any enemy listed as 'humanoid' can be pickpocketed. Pickpocketing yields different/additional loot to just killing them.

7. The auction house is a good bet. Passive pets are essentially just items, when you use the item the pet follows you around. You can get mechanical squirrels from engineers, pets like cockroaches from horde vendors, pets like cats from Alliance vendors, and some pets are drops too. You'll just come across them on your travels, or by searching AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

RopeDrink wrote:

*How do I leave a Guild?

/Wolves as horde.. no idea.
    /You can transfer through the transfer service but only if your server is elligible. Go to www.wow-europe.com/en to see more about it.

/Pickpocketing.. only on humanoids, you have to stalth and then go up behind them and do it.

/At lvl10 (i think) you will get a quest from your trainer or someone near the trainer who will tell you to go walking all over the place to obtain commands for getting pets. Once you have the commands in your toolbars then you can get an animal around your lvl or 1 above your lvl i think. The pet levels with you and gets xp etc. You have to keep lots of the types of food your pet will like in your inv as they get hungry and will run off if not fed.

/Hitting stuff in the throat while invisible would be considered cheating. Would you like a bang in the neck with a nailbar if you were standing their walking around guarding a tree in the middle of a dark forrest? NO! =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

RopeDrink wrote:
    if I took major offence to something like that then I wouldn't be advised to play the game at all... :D
    Or use the internet at all tbh;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You need Lean Wolf Flanks for those steaks;
    http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4419;sort=droppct

(sorted by drop rate)

The cute pets are ones you can buy, from vendors mostly. For instance in Undercity, you can buy a co.ckroach. In Thunder Bluff you can buy wee praire dogs. Booty Bay has parrots (to complete that pirate look).

Cuter pets like rabbits and cats are mostly Alliance pets, you can only really get them through the AH. When you're a high enough lvl, get to the neutral AH in Gadgetzan, you can usually pick up cutesy Alliance pets there. I made a habit of collecting them, I had several cats and an ickle white kitten.

You won't be able to get the panda you see the odd time though, that's a collector's edition pet (ie if you buy the collector's edition of the game).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

www.thottbot.com

all ur questions will be answered;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Yay, more Horde for Khadgar!

I've a lvl 39 Nightie Rogue on Khadgar. The Alliance Horde imbalance is horrible. Never enough Horde around for us Allies. From what I've heard the Horde on Khadgar are friendly and helpful.

Good luck, mate.

seems to b on most servers that the allaince vastly out number the horde:(

at least on the 4-5 servers i played on

Yeah, but Khadgar's pretty bad. 2:1 Alliance to Horde, and the Alliance play more...

Makes BG's pretty nightmarish...

If you're horde get used to winning...I've never seen such ineptitude as on Khadgar... Awful stuff... Lot's of infighting and no co-operation's the name of the game for the Alliance.

ye my main is on draenor and its 1.8:1 in favour of the ally:o

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Think in general most severs are allie heavy hence the reason that Blizz are adding the Blood Elves as a horde faction. Blizz reckon that Horde races are not pretty enough so that why a lot of players choose alliance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I think the reply I posted yesterday must have gotten lost in the internet somewhere...

anyway anything I had in my post has pretty much been said here since then :p

Wouldn't mind playing with you Andy if I got my computer back in working order... I'm a leveling *king* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Remember to make the distinction between arrogent tards and people who are just trying to give you a few tips on how to play you're class better.

Today I was in a RFK run, the warrior was weilding a two-hander and agro was all over the place, kept going to the mage and rogue who kept dying as a result. I asked him politely was he using taunt (I knew he wasn't but I thought it better not to assume). He said "No, taunts in def stance." I mentioned to him that its generally better to go in def stance in parties esp in instances in order to maintain agro, and ingeneral using a one hander plus sheild was better since he could take more dmg putting less pressure on the healer. He replied with "Screw you, I can play how I want, I don't do dmg in def stance so I don't have to go into it if I don't want to". After we wiped on the boar named he left the group....

Sigh.

Nice to see you're enjoying Khadgar. If I ever see you I'll remember to salute.

Don't worry about the BG's. The Horde's pretty much unbeaten from 10-49. Just try and look for people around Ogrimmar, etc, when you're going for BG, so you can get a proper group going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

bladefist is where its at.

I am of course refering to lag:D still lot of irish there on both sides, few boardsies too i think.

Nice to hear you're doing well?

You a rogue? Horde have some very talented rogues on Khadgar.

Now to grind the money to pay for my mount.

/Sigh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm usually on bladefist (finally, finally got a lvl60) but i've been getting major lag lately. granted, its not just bladefist (clearwire throttled my connection to 36k download/8k upload for downloading too much), so i tried to level my alt on xavius. usually get decent pings, and really enjoying my druid.

as for certain classes playing a certain way (priests only allowed to be holy/druids only resto etc...), only during instances should this apply. i haven't done much end game instance runs, mainly cause i dont have time, but being a SM/Ruin lock would pull some major aggro, which is never good. but in pvp it kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

It is truth that a SM/Ruin lock does major aggro, myself being one ^^. 400 DPS sustained without an aggro dump is funny ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

My Shammy got the Corpsemaker from RFK the other day, got him to lvl30 so he could use it and oh my is it nice. As the saying goes Windfury = Winfury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

u on bladefist? I'd just love to gank you :P All part of the learning process...

from UrbanDictionary :D

-
    . gank l
    To be jumped by a group of people who are stronger than you. World of Warcraft :D
    "I just got ganked by that lvl 60 rogue"
    -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Just reroll bladefist and you can spam all of us with these questions:P

Bladefist is closed now ;D

RopeDrink wrote:
    Level 25 Troll Rogue, Journeyman (Soon to be expert) Leatherworker and Expert (Soon to be Artisan, when I bother seeing as trainer) Skinner... I've got ten million auctions going at the moment as I keep finding remotely decent weapons, armour and material which, unfortunately, I simply cannot use, or is worse than my gear...

I'm itching to make / find / buy some decent daggers and maybe a nice sword (one that doesn't slow down my attack speed too much) but lately I've been stuck with two daggers that someone else made, and another person enchanted... They're nice, don't get me wrong, but there are times you just want that little extra punch...

Oooh you're leveling fast... May see you in the BG's soon... :p

Advertisement