Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Pulling a fast one??

• 08-03-2006 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Maybe this is a once off but here's what happened to me....
    Having signed up for Eircom BB Home Starter last October I was paying €29.99 per month. Last week I received a letter outlining how the speed and Bandwidth was now doubled....but that I will now be paying €39.99 per month.

I phoned them yesterday and they told me that the letter was wrong and that I was only going to be charged €29.99. However I asked the customer care agent to confirm just in case....and lo and behold they were going to charge me €39.99 from here on in. This has now been rectified.
    I was wondering though if this was just a once off only affecting me, or has anyone else potentially been 'overcharged' as a result of this?

One to watch out for maybe....

ps: I intend to move to BT BB once my 6 month contract is up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

this is not an overcharging attempt by eircom. This €29.99 offer was/is a promotion that lasted for 6 months and was then due to increase to €39.99.

Its just a coincidence that the end of the offer coincided with the increase in speeds.

There's a whole thread on someone else's rant on this - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054894366

Advertisement