Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Government plans for sentence change

Options
  • 08-03-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0308/crime.html

Bertie is right about one thing life should mean life.
    Why call it a life sentence if the ofender will be out in a few years. its pathtetic. where has the justice for victims gone.

where's the incentive not to commit crime?
    How can the Guards do their job when they have to keep prosicuting the same people(they go to court and get a suspended sentence)?

I think there shoud be more prisons..
    Use our offshore islands, leave them out there to fend for themselves. or at least make them work to pay for their crimes\cost of prison system.

When will this government take a stronger view on crime.

Just look at countries in other parts of the world where punishment is tough. like having your hand cut off for stealing. The crime rate in these counties is a fraction of ours, I know the meathods are extreame, I wouldn't want to see that sort of criminal law here. but something has to be done to deter crime...

bring back corporal punishment

Advertisement