Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to pickup a set of hubcaps

Options
  • 08-03-2006 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

The "special branch" look on the Passat is starting to get a bit jaded now and id like to get some hubcaps for her.

Any ideas of the best (IE chepaest) place. Id like to get the original VW caps if possible, but anything that suits is fine. I was thinking ebay, but shipping would be horrendus I imagine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd try a VW main dealer, anywhere else that fits alloys (they may both have loads lying around), or a scrapyard. eBay postage may not be as bad as you think - hubcaps are bulky, but they're not that heavy. Get a quote, then you'll know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Vw will charge you a fortune for original Passat hubcaps. We had to get some before, i think they were €35 each or something. I have a funny feeling there might be a set of them in our garage, The father put alloys on the last Passat we had. If you like i can check and let you know tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Kermitt wrote:
    Vw will charge you a fortune for original Passat hubcaps. We had to get some before, i think they were €35 each or something. I have a funny feeling there might be a set of them in our garage, The father put alloys on the last Passat we had. If you like i can check and let you know tomorrow.

That would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

At the minute, and in the North at least, the VW dealers have big price reductions on genuine VW replacement parts especially for non-current models. Wheel trims may be included so could be worth a check. Alternatively www.eurocarparts.com might do something that suits. I'll be there at the weekend so could do a pick up for you if all else fails.

Advertisement