Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see Noel

Options
  • 08-03-2006 11:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

...the minister I mean.

A Nice Big Job lot of his favourite technology is being sold off cheap by an Asian Country, one week left to punt in a bid .

32000 NEC Modems and 2500 3Com Modems and 15000 Arescom Modems .

I'd say €2 each should cover it (€100k including shipping) and then we can have flat rate from everyone by 2007 ....finally....thank God .

Sure tis only what he would pay eircom to do one DSL exchange under a GBS and tis all the vision we are capable of anyway .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Sponge Bob wrote:

Looks just perfect for Ireland Inc, we need 50,000 modems to bring us into the nineties...oh wait
    /me checks "excuse de jour"

Is there any mention of spare tincans and and a few bales of string on that site? We need lots of new "telephone lines" too...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its about the height of our ambition at present .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I made a intercom when I was about 12 by using two BT phones, 6V battery and top and bottom wire of the fence. Probabily would have passed for adsl as there was no pair gain or loading coils on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I call on ComReg to start a new consultation to see if there's any demand for dialup access. Clearly, nobody wants broadband, so let's see if the same holds true for dialup. (Hint: eircom; dialup minutes).

I also call on ComReg to see if there's any demand for PairGains. If there's no demand, then there's no need for eircom to use/supply them, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

watty wrote:
    I made a intercom when I was about 12 by using two BT phones, 6V battery and top and bottom wire of the fence. Probabily would have passed for adsl as there was no pair gain or loading coils on it.

Probably a better quality line than the muck that our delightful incumbent rolls out

• Advertisement

cgarvey wrote:
    I call on ComReg to start a new consultation to see if there's any demand for dialup access. Clearly, nobody wants broadband, so let's see if the same holds true for dialup. (Hint: eircom; dialup minutes).
    How very true, they never had one so far . Meeleeons of Beetches may beg them for Dialup and nothing better than dialup for all we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Dialup, The Whole Dialup, And Nothing But the Dialup, So Help Me Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

cgarvey wrote:

I also call on ComReg to see if there's any demand for PairGains. If there's no demand, then there's no need for eircom to use/supply them, right?

I third that man!

Also is there any demand for Analog POTS phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

It's infuriating for them to say that there is no demand for broadband....why did they go and fix my freakin line as soon as Wireless Group BB Scheme arrived here? Horseh!t, all of it. Well I'm with BT now so they can oomf off.

to: fyau@dovebid.com
    re . Job Lot of 50,000 Modems . Auction closing today 14th March .

http://www.dovebid.com/Auctions/AuctionDetail.asp?auctionID=10456

I hereby offer you the princely sum of €2 which is precisely 2 Euro Euros for each of the modems in the anction. I shall send an important Comreg Commissioner over with the cheque this evening if I win. Comreg Commissioners are experts on modems in my country.

They will also organise collection and shipping to the Republic Of Ireland where these modems will get me out of a jam ...what with an election coming up shortly and paypil roaring at me .

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement