Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of build do you prefer on men?

• 08-03-2006 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

I personally prefer tall and broad and preferably with a bum to squeeze and some nice abs and nice muscular arms. Not asking for much am I?:p In saying all that its not a dealbreaker but I'm just being superficial for the purpose of this thread. So girls what type of body do you like for your ideal man??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Big Broad Shoulders gets me every time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tall (not hard, since I'm five foot), broad shoulders and back, and strong legs. I despise skinny legged men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

dont particularly care as long as they're not scrawny or lanky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tall and broad with a bit of meat and Muscle on their bones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

tall and broad also. i also like guys that are bald, as in shaven bald!! such as grant mitchell from eastenders....yum yum.....rough and ready!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

tall and skinny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

tall and broad here ladies!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Good toned muscley arms.. Nice tight bum, good 6 pack and a nice well built chest :D

I don't have to look too far from home for the above though :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

All this talk of tall and broad. Where were you all when I was single?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i dont have a particular 'type' i go for, but the current bf is tall (well taller than me thats all that counts :)) and very skinny. there's something about the way i can see aaaalll his muscles perfectly that makes me go all wobbly :p
    im a sucker for something interesting though. perfect is boring, the human body with all its differences and foibles is totally fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I dunno really. I like them toned but not discustingly muscley. I love arms. Veiny arms with medium muscles. Mmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

For me sean Og O'Halpin-the cork footie captain-he's got the perfect body-yummy!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

panda100 wrote:
    For me sean Og O'Halpin-the cork footie captain-he's got the perfect body-yummy!:)

I was in the Mardyke gym two weeks ago and who was in the shower with me but none other than himself!
    I have no interest in GAA though so couldn't give a damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I like the 'tall and broad' type guy too, he's gotta have a nice ass too though, 'two eggs in a hanky' as we used to say when we were younger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Scraggs wrote:

Exactly. Like them to be at least average in build, but would go for slightly more above average. They can't be thinner than me, totally freaks me out.
    As long as they're taller than me, it's grand. I'm only 5'3 so that's easy.
    Big arm muscles, short hair. Can't think of anything else right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Once they're neither shorter or thinner than me ...ugh! But I'm 5'8" and can't make myself be attracted to somebody my height or a little taller, so really anything around 5' 11" or taller.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

tabatha wrote:
    tall and broad also. i also like guys that are bald, as in shaven bald!! such as grant mitchell from eastenders....yum yum.....rough and ready!!!

I had a thing for Grant Mitchell too. I think it was more to do with the fact he was a bad boy;) . What is it with bad boys. Rough and ready is so sexy.

Also even though I like broad and muscular I don't mean those professional bodybuilder types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

D-Generate wrote:
    I was in the Mardyke gym two weeks ago and who was in the shower with me but none other than himself!
    I have no interest in GAA though so couldn't give a damn.

What?was he wearing trunks?what gym was this;)
    There was a picture of him and Brian Dooher(the tyrone captain)on the beach once in the indo.Sean Og just looked soooo hunky-tanned,tall,dark,muscles and Brian Dooher just looked soooo Irish-pale,kinda pudgy,re hair and smallish was quite funny:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

Tall and skinny - sign of youth. Gotta be stong though.
    Bulky guys with muscles look like their in their 30's... ugh, verry unattractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Pythia wrote:
    Exactly. Like them to be at least average in build, but would go for slightly more above average. They can't be thinner than me, totally freaks me out.
    Hermione* wrote:
    Once they're neither shorter or thinner than me ...ugh!

jaysus i know what ya mean, my boyfriend may have much wider shoulders than me, but i totally win with the hips, he makes me feel like a heifer sometimes!!

i wouldn't trade him for the world though >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Actually Sean Og's very cute; that lovely dark curly hair ...mmm! Plus, he'd be able to talk to you in Irish, and virtually everything sounds better in Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I had a thing for Grant Mitchell too.
    Oh God,so did I. The shame!

Also,I don't get the whole "men with nice asses" jazz. I never notice guys' asses. They don't do it for me. I'm straight and everthing but I just think that asses are so much nicer on girls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I personally prefer tall
    yes.
    and broad
    yeeessss.
    and preferably with a bum to squeeze[/qoute] yeeeeeesssssssss
    and some nice abs and nice muscular arms.
    aww crap. apparently arms are the male cleavage. I must, I must, I must increase my arm muscles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Scraggs wrote:

I think you may have just described me, I'm a half inch or so short of 6'. And I weigh less than 9 stone, occassionally I can see all the bones in my rib-cage. Seems everyone wants someone broader :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

Black n buff! mmmmm

BigWillyStyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Squirrel wrote:
    I think you may have just described me, I'm a half inch or so short of 6'. And I weigh less than 9 stone, occassionally I can see all the bones in my rib-cage. Seems everyone wants someone broader :(
    Ah, but you've stamina hon' :)

All that aerobic activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

LadyJ wrote:
    Oh God,so did I. The shame!

Also,I don't get the whole "men with nice asses" jazz. I never notice guys' asses. They don't do it for me. I'm straight and everthing but I just think that asses are so much nicer on girls!

Even more shameful was for a while I though Phil was ok too :o

Well when I think of nice asses I wa thinking of naked asses. An ex of mine had the nicest bum ever.

Aporia some of us like men in the 30's. Well seems as I'm 30 myself I don't find the younger skinny ones attractive. Suppose its the way I didn't find teenagers attractive when I was in my twenties! Wait until you get older yourself. Give me a distinguished gentleman anyday. Julian McMahon is yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I love skinny, cute lads. A Kurt Cobain-esque type of build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well being taller than me is an absolute necessity. Short guys are horrible. If the guy isn't much taller than me, then preferably quite skinny. If he's in the 6ft range, then a bit more well-built, but flab is a major turn-off.
    Ooh, and a nice ass is always good :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Nala wrote:
    I love skinny, cute lads. A Kurt Cobain-esque type of build.
    Alright, darlin'?;)

Finally somebody in this thread describes my looks...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭redmagic

take a look at these men and you'll know what type of body(ies) i like---Colin Farrell, Michael Shanks, Dominic Purcell, and Julian McMahon.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Phil Mitchell is disgusting.Ladies how? Imagine that thing on top of you... or under you... puke. Or heading downtown. Come on. No way.

Shoulder/waist ratio v important. I like men who look like men and not boys. And who look like the have the strength and stamina to give you a good seeing to. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Base 2....there is nothing wrong with having a "face like a scrotum." I have one.....its a beautifully wrinkled face, interspersed with hard nodule like lumps, and long thin hairs eminating from my pickled undulating skin.

Most of the time, like a good scrotum, the skin on my face moves ever so slightly....causing a slow wave like effect where the hairs rise and fall across my beautiful face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Broad shoulders, narrow hips, taller than me (am 5'8) and muscles.. I like to feel like my man can protect me!! Can't go past a surfer either.

/Edit: Just saw Two for the Money this afternoon and boy is Matthew McConaughey high on my list of YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I only prefer them to be a little taller than me. not big into muscles etc
    you girls are are a shallow lot - Grant mitchells and colin farrells :p

Looks mean feck all if they have a swinging brick for a heart girls :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I love tall ( which is nt hard considering im a short arse ;) ) strong men, the whole six pack things doesnt really do it for me to be honest, i prefer a man that has some meat on him to snuggle ( yeah yeah, i know i blab lol ) ... and if he can make me laugh and feel comftorble then he could look like a smacked back side it wouldnt really matter that much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Taller then me most definitely...oh god I could never be with a guy smaller than me...some of my guy friends are taller than me and when I'm talkin' to them or havin' a conversation with them it freask me out when I see that they're lookin' up at me...I end up feelin' like their mam or a bloke!!?? :o
    love it when guys have good backs and are taller...mmmm :rolleyes:

It all means nothing if hes not comfortable in his own skin and cant make you comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Tall guys, just a fraction under 6ft, blond optional, tanned skin, broad shoulders narrow waist, arms and legs in proportion, built, but not gym built (ie the natural frame is there and hardwork finished it off). Eyes that should be the windows to the soul, a ready smile and cheerful disposition. Oh and the bit to finish it off..... long hair - it has to be well kept, above the shoulder and just long enough to tie back.....

But saying all that I have to agree with Metrovelvet though. My current boyfriend (and in fact none of my ex's) fit the ideal man mould but they all had that air of self confidence - not the I'm so in love with myself streak - but the 'I've lived a bit, loved a bit and basically happy in my own skin' kinda guy.

I have been lucky enough to meet a version of the above. AND oh my GOD did I go weak at the knees. However at the time I was and still am in a realtionship with a man who while has none of the physical attributes I have described but completes me in ways I can't even begin to describe so while looks do catch the eye it's the personality that keeps you coming back for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Rogueish wrote:
    I have been lucky enough to meet a version of the above. AND oh my GOD did I go weak at the knees. However at the time I was and still am in a realtionship with a man who while has none of the physical attributes I have described but completes me in ways I can't even begin to describe so while looks do catch the eye it's the personality that keeps you coming back for more.
    What you said about your bf is so cute. My ideal type would be tall (6ft and above) of semi-muscular shape (though cudley is also OK if they have a nice a$$), dark not short hair and full lips. I have also met someone who would be classically my type (and who made me swoon) but he is nothing compared to the man that I am with who while very good looking, is not that ideal, but then again no man is the same compared with my bf who is sweet, kind, considerate, intelligent and funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I've got to admit, there's something absolutely amazing about getting with a pretty-much ideal physical match, especially if they feel similarly about you. It happened to me, albeit abroad when I was only working for a summer, but holy hell, the lust factor was absolutely unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Mother of jaysus your not really that fussy ladys eh :rolleyes: :D whatever happened to "oh personality means more eh" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It got moved to the Personality forum.

Stark wrote:
    It got moved to the Personality forum.

:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

jonny68 wrote:
    Mother of jaysus your not really that fussy ladys eh :rolleyes: :D whatever happened to "oh personality means more eh" :rolleyes:
    But if you can get both...my partner has all the physical attributes that I want except he is a tiny bit below 6ft, hardly a major compromise (sorry for the soppiness, loved up at the moment). In the end of the day you can learn to love someone for their personality and see them as their personality not just their looks, would be the first to agree that looks do not matter and I have only once dated someone partially on looks (my first bf, though he was a lovely guy also).

CathyMoran wrote:
    But if you can get both...my partner has all the physical attributes that I want except he is a tiny bit below 6ft, hardly a major compromise (sorry for the soppiness, loved up at the moment). In the end of the day you can learn to love someone for their personality and see them as their personality not just their looks, would be the first to agree that looks do not matter and I have only once dated someone partially on looks (my first bf, though he was a lovely guy also).

Fair enough but it's usually birds who come out with the "personality means a lot more" when in fact it seems it doesn't really ;)

Rogueish wrote:
    Tall guys, just a fraction under 6ft, blond optional, tanned skin, broad shoulders narrow waist, arms and legs in proportion, built, but not gym built (ie the natural frame is there and hardwork finished it off). Eyes that should be the windows to the soul, a ready smile and cheerful disposition. Oh and the bit to finish it off..... long hair - it has to be well kept, above the shoulder and just long enough to tie back.....
    /

You have no idea how hot that got me... except for the long hair bit -im an old fashioned girl... That natural working mans body... yum. And a pair of eyes that know just how to look at you... and a smile that lets you know whats coming...:)

puurrrrrrr................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

Hmmm, height isnt so important to me-although he has to be taller than me naturally
    I have to say though i like a guy with a bit of meat on his bones-broad chest, nice muscly arms, squeezable ass!
    Interesting though-if a guy had started a thread about what body type he prefers in a lady he would probably be torn to pieces by angry women complaining that guys are too picky!
    Thats why i try to keep in shape (as well as for myself obviously), I dont think id like it if my boyfriend completely let himself go so why should I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Metrovelvet,

I think you and I should get together to design and build our ideal man (x2 'cos I'm not the sharing type;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Aporia wrote:
    Tall and skinny - sign of youth. Gotta be stong though.
    Bulky guys with muscles look like their in their 30's... ugh, verry unattractive.

Totally agree with you! Tall, tall, tall! I want to be able to look up (me 5'7'').
    Smaller guys feel like a lil pet or something. I wouldn't really want too skinny though, rather toned. Nice (feeling) butt is a must!!

Don't like obvious muscles at all. Always looks like the guy's daft.

• Advertisement
Advertisement