Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of build do you prefer on men?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I forgot to add a good voice so when he's talking dirty is sounds good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hon, the voice isn't worth diddly-squat if he doesn't have the imagination and the follow through to be able to back up those sexy sweet promises that he whispers in your ear.

Also there is something about broad masculine hands....that know what they are doing...... in candlelight......

You boardsters are a bad influence AND my bf isn't finished work for another hour!!

they dont have to be that sweet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Elara Lady

yummt thread...

i am so with you Rogueish but you are lucky ythat your B/F will be home in an housr, i havent seen mine since monday and wont unti lfriday, hes away training with the army....poor me.

what i like....... i always said i liked tall men, but sure im only little so thats not too hard, i love a bit of meat, skinny men do not do it for me. im very lucky with my B/F, as i said he is in the army and plays rugby so he's very fit and toned...... yummy....roll on friday :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I forgot to add a good voice so when he's talking dirty is sounds good :)

Now yer talking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

A man's got to be taller than me, no way around it! I like broad shoulders, nice arms, nice chest - the usual. Also a guy's got to have a great a$$ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Damn you Tall guys have it lucky! being 5'8" my-self
    Short and stocky anyone? anyone? :D

/me goes off to wonder where he can get stilts

Well its nicer when they are taller than you but having had several very tall boyfriends I can vouch that its hard getting leverage even in stilletos and its nice once in a while to be able to look a man in the eyes when you are both vertical.

So there is much to be said for the not so tall man.

sutty wrote:
    Damn you Tall guys have it lucky! being 5'8" my-self
    Short and stocky anyone? anyone? :D

/me goes off to wonder where he can get stilts

you wish...na na :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Elara Lady wrote:
    you wish...na na :p

You cut me Donna, you cut me deep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

Rogueish wrote:
    Tall guys, just a fraction under 6ft, blond optional, tanned skin, broad shoulders narrow waist, arms and legs in proportion, built, but not gym built (ie the natural frame is there and hardwork finished it off). Eyes that should be the windows to the soul, a ready smile and cheerful disposition.

yes i think you described my ideal man. in my early 20s i went for tall, skinny, lanky guys.
    now that i'm into sport, toned guys are yummy. the feel of a toned hard stomach is sooooo sexy, or toned strong arms.....just thinking about this makes me very wobbly

oh and I dont think anyone mentioned (although it wasnt specified) what hair coverage they liked? i prefer smooth with maybe a sprinkling (v. lite) of chest hair and belly button. mmmmmmmmmm :)

Has to be clean shaven. I dont need exfoliation when im sucking face. And forget about stubble going anywhere close to downtown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Little bit of facial hair, a bit rugged. Wide strong shoulders, strong arms. Dark hair, not too short but now long. Tall definately about 6.2 or 6.3 mmmm i love looking up at a tall man.

My boyfriend isn't that tall :mad: about 5.9 or 5.10 but i love him anyway and he is real cute. It is nice being at the same level too makes me feel real close our eyes being at the same level. I thought i said i liked tall guys...emm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Listen gurls, yall have to pay for men like these.

Yall have to lower your standards somewhat, unless of course ye are hot to trot yourselves!

sutty wrote:
    You cut me Donna, you cut me deep

you know i love you really Ciaran..... x :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

cinnamon wrote:
    yes i think you described my ideal man. in my early 20s i went for tall, skinny, lanky guys.
    now that i'm into sport, toned guys are yummy. the feel of a toned hard stomach is sooooo sexy, or toned strong arms.....just thinking about this makes me very wobbly

oh and I dont think anyone mentioned (although it wasnt specified) what hair coverage they liked? i prefer smooth with maybe a sprinkling (v. lite) of chest hair and belly button. mmmmmmmmmm :)
    you'll be wanting us to send body pics next :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭redmagic

Looks mean feck all if they have a swinging brick for a heart girls :)

doesn't really matter what their heart's made of if all a girl wants from them is a good long f***.:D

Indeed redmagic. I think we all needed to be reminded of that. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

A loud silence from the Irish gals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Even more shameful was for a while I though Phil was ok too :o...........

Christ is it such a bad thing?

I'm be a mix between the mitchell brothers but at only 5'6" its leaning towards Phil.

Seems no one likes my sort, like i said i'm 5'6" and look like i was designed for running at buses! Shaved head (not shinny bald) hairy manly man type. I'm actually managing to get less in shape but i know two nights in the gym and the big muscles i have will bulge again - only prob then is the belly.

Still i personally love myself and think i'm quite roughly cheekily sexy but maybe my personality affects that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

6th wrote:
    Christ is it such a bad thing?

I'm be a mix between the mitchell brothers but at only 5'6" its leaning towards Phil.

Seems no one likes my sort, like i said i'm 5'6" and look like i was designed for running at buses! Shaved head (not shinny bald) hairy manly man type. I'm actually managing to get less in shape but i know two nights in the gym and the big muscles i have will bulge again - only prob then is the belly.

Still i personally love myself and think i'm quite roughly cheekily sexy but maybe my personality affects that.

Hey sorry 6th didn't mean to insult anyone. It was more embarassing to fancy Phil seems he is such a dope and not really to do with his looks. Its just me and my love for "bad boys". Also his height wouldn't bother me seems as I'm only 5ft 1 myself. Glad you love yourself :cool: Wish I had that much confidence myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Thats genetic programming for you!

Women are programmed to go for tall healthy males so as to ensure the best genetic material for there offspring! Broad shoulders etc are a sign of this.

Only the human brain can over-write this and thats when other things come into play such as humour, kindness, generosity, emotional support etc.(The less animalistic qualities).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Sounds like a dating service here.

I'm 5 foot 11, weigh 9 and a half stone, but I'm an athlete, and am only 17 so have time to put on a bit more weight. I like to think I'm kind generous and all those things, but apparently I'm vain after I was singing along to I Love Myself by the Wannadies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dutchboy

Yeah....

6"4" Blonde, Athletic, Slim, Broad shoulders, and a great package!

Girls...emm :D Pm me asl :rolleyes: haha

and i love myself .....

So very High.............

bedtimetime

Apparantly tall men make more money. [So do tall women]

http://www.slate.com/?id=2063439

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Around 5 foot 10, I dislike skinny guys, they definately can't be slimmer than me but I'm not mad on all this muscle and 6 pack lark.
    My beau has start serious weights and is getting really broad and muscley - not unatractive but I like 'em cuddley!

Prefer em very slim with some muscle on them - kinda athletic and toned I suppose. Not weedy. And not slightly built.Taller than me is a plus (I'm 5'6-5'7). I generally seem to go for guys with facial hair as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Yeah - facial hair is sexy. A gotee not a full on beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i can sum it up in two words.........grant mitchel!!!:D :D yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

tabatha wrote:
    i can sum it up in two words.........grant mitchel!!!:D :D yum yum

Yum Yum is right I still fancy the ass off him in Eastenders he is just such a bad boy. Jane should dump Ian for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

jonny68 wrote:
    Mother of jaysus your not really that fussy ladys eh :rolleyes: :D whatever happened to "oh personality means more eh" :rolleyes:

I think the women on this board save that horseshít for the delicate people in Personal Issues!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

fly_agaric wrote:
    I think the women on this board save that horseshít for the delicate people in Personal Issues!:D
    The exact same can be said for the men :rolleyes:

Men are just as fussy if not fussier - hehe funny word.
    Anyway in relation to the topic, I prefer a tall skinny guy with broad shoulders.
    Not an necessity though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

popularity/power > looks

think tony soprano... ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Tall but not too tall (between 5 foot 10 and 6 foot 4)

Slim but not skinny

Toned but not muscley

I like the physique of runners, tennis players, some soccer players, but definitely not rugby players.

(Though I think rugby shirts on a guy are sexy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Ive seen a good few women around town today with guys a couple of inches or more shorter than them. Must mean that personality counts for a lot then?

As for the broad shoulders bit, ya see some blokes with shoulders like coat hangers! (boney)

So what do women what? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

DubNside wrote:
    Ive seen a good few women around town today with guys a couple of inches or more shorter than them. Must mean that personality counts for a lot then?

As for the broad shoulders bit, ya see some blokes with shoulders like coat hangers! (boney)

So what do women what? :confused:

As the Joe Jackson song goes "Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street..." It takes all sorts, sure a great personality can make up for lacking in the looks department, as can a sexy voice...for me, someones looks are combined with their personality and voice if that makes any sense.

I could never go out with someone shorter than me - then again, I am only 5ft 2in...at the moment I still like tall men, by that I mean anything over 5ft 10 but preferably over 6ft...build wise, I do not really care, some of the sexiest men I know are on the large size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I generally go for not too tall (less than 6ft), slim / toned, like say a dancer or swimmers body ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

The build I prefer but don't require for a relationship
    1. Tall, as in a good few inches taller than me. This isn't difficult as I'm only 5'4
    2. Strong arms. For some reason I've this thing for arms.
    3. Strong broad back.
    4. Built, but not too much so that it's ugly. I'm not very keen on skinny guys.

Lucky for me I was with a guy with similar stats as the above at the weekend. His body is scurm-dilly-umtious :)

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

I was wondering about this; could somebody answer at what point is a built guy is 'too big'? I know a guy whos really really big, has massive arms, broad back, thick shoulders, really big bodybuilder type of guy (5'11" and a lean 15 stone in weight).... and at first I presumed he wouldve found it hard picking up girls because of the whole 'too big and muscley' thing, but women go nuts over him all the time. So whats deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Barcode

I like a rugby build, they are big guys, i dont like 'lanky' guys and they have to be taller than me.
    what point is a built guy is 'too big'?
    I don’t really know I guess the whole bigness thing subconsciously means they are protectors and maybe that’s what women see in him and/or maybe the just the whole muscley thing turns them on

Advertisement