Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for Roof for Toyota Corolla

Options
  • 08-03-2006 1:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if anyone would be able to tell me where I could get a roof for a Toyota Corolla 3 door Hatch Back G6R 1997-1999 . I think they were a limited to about 500 made and are very scarce.

Stan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You want to replace a ROOF? I hope your good at welding! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan 10

Thank's for your smart reply John. Roofs are replaced every day of the week in garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Are we talking about the entire roof here, or a sunroof?

prospect wrote:
    Are we talking about the entire roof here, or a sunroof?

Yes, The entire roof, including the sunroof. Car was in a crash and rooled over on its roof but not much other damage was done to the car

And I are you looking for just the sheeting that cloaks the roll cage, or do you need to cut into the cage and replace part of it?

Are you sure it is okay to replace part of the crash structure of the car like that?

• Advertisement

prospect wrote:
    And I are you looking for just the sheeting that cloaks the roll cage, or do you need to cut into the cage and replace part of it?

Are you sure it is okay to replace part of the crash structure of the car like that?

The whole roof is needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Its been done millions of times, as long as you spend the money to make sure its done right it can be as safe as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

have you tried Toyota for a price? if too expensive try northern Ireland, as UK models are more likely to have sunroof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Its been done millions of times, as long as you spend the money to make sure its done right it can be as safe as standard.

I doubt it's been done millions of times, which is a lot
    I doubt it's done every day in garages
    and I doubt it can be as safe as if it never crashed

Although saying that, a welder who knows what they are at could put the car back together safely enough. I mean the car is welded together anyway. I'd be worried that if the roof struts have crumpled already in any way and if they were just straightened they'd crumple again even easier almost garaunteeing the death of someone in the car. Perhaps you get the roof with the legs of the roof too?

I wouldn't touch a car like that with a barge pole, but each to their own.

AlanD wrote:
    I mean the car is welded together anyway.

Yes, but the welds are in specific places, that are part of the structure of the car and positioned to provide optimum strenght.
    So, unless you are going to cut as far as the next weld all around, I would be very nervous.

• Advertisement

Than's for the replies lads, but getting back to my original post does anyone know where I could get a roof that would suit me

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

traynors?

colm_mcm wrote:
    traynors?

Could you tell me are they in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Stan 10 wrote:
    Could you tell me are they in Dublin

No, theyre in the North. Do a google and you'll get their number

JohnCleary wrote:
    No, theyre in the North. Do a google and you'll get their number

I have got it now

Thanks for the help

Anyone else apart from Traynors, they have none at the moment

There is Duffys on the long mile road,
    Also there is another yard just beside the red cow roundabout, dunno the name though.

I think there is a list of car dismantlers on one of the stickies.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

<mental note> Don't buy a 2nd hand corolla </mental note>

Advertisement