Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riff Battles! How do you want the songs to go!

Options
  • 08-03-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I was watching an old QOTSA Concert on my pc (as you do!) and one of my favourite songs came up (if only). I was waiting for one of my favourite riffs to come up, and as usual a sweet riff based around the real one came up.

I was thinkin it would be a good idea to start like a group collaboration thing, where basicly, you get the melody thats playing in main song(in my case, if only from qotsa, ill start it later), take out the riff, then put your own version on, and upload the rythem and riff.

So when the poster has a song they wanna heard played in other people styles that are on the boards, they can remake a basic beat in what ever prog they use, throw a bassline/guitar line down, and upload that track for people to put a riff over, that works with the origional song!

Everyone uploads, we hear a few different styles of how a different guitarest would have heard how they wanted the riff to go!

Just an idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

red_ice wrote:
    Just an idea

and a brilliant one at that. Me and a friend of mine were talking about sending each other songs and then each one of us would do a 'cover' version. Send me something. What kind of stuff do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

anything that i feel is in reasonable distance of playing :>

I just finished a rodrigo y gab cover haha... I havnt had time to start anything up yet, im up to my nipples in work at the moment, but it should all be out of the way pritty soon. So i can start working on some stuff and put em forward for the boardsies to mangle up and present.

Id love to see one melody, and about 5 different variations on each riff just to see what everyone else would have done with it

Advertisement