Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro / St Brigid's Patrick's day race

Options
  • 08-03-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

Can anybody tell me whereabouts in Castleknock is Castleknock College?

Hoping to run the Patrick's day 4 miler in Phoenix Park but don't want to spend the whole morning driving around trying to find the place to register.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Drive into the Phoenix Park at the city end and go straight through to the end heading for Castleknock.
    When you get to Castleknock Village, pass Myos pub on the left and take a left turn
    There is an entrance to Castleknock college on the right which was open during the adidas series...atleast during the half marathon.
    If it is closed, keep driving till you hit traffic light, and take a right...the college is on you right hand side
    Continue along this road about 200m and then take a right into the college..again it should be signposted on the day. The run to the start is not very far...about 1 mile...a nice warmup.

Hope this makes sense, and good luck on the day...I hope to run it myself!!
    Domer

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Thanks Domer.

I don't suppose you happen to know the route they'll be taking, or whether the Khyber Pass will be thrown in?

I've only ever ran up that hill once, the Bupa 10K back in 2004, and it knocked the wind out of me. Hoping to successfully overcome it this year, either on Patrick's day or this years Bupa 10K.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Sorry Clum,

Dont know the route, and it is not posted on the MSB website... www.msbac.com. There is a message board so perhaps you could post your question there.

As the race is only 4 mile, I would think that the Kyer is out as it would bring you too far away from the start which is apparently near Farmleigh.

I dont like the Kyber myself... a few bad memories!!!!

Best of luck.

Please post back here if you are successful in your quest for enlightenment!!

Advertisement