Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoiler: The Ultimate Theory

• 08-03-2006 3:08pm

Ok. This is a major, major, major possible spoiler for people. But, even if it proves to be false, it is one hell of a major read. Very well done. Extremely well written.

Sorry if its old, but the way I see it is whats old for some, is new to others.

As I've said, it contains possible spoilers, so it is your own choice whether or not you want to read.

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7712

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

In work atm so i cant read this just yet but it looks good :). I will get back to you later tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

thats pretty impressive and probably the most conclusive i think i've come across i like it...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Ok. This is a major, major, major possible spoiler for people. But, even if it proves to be false, it is one hell of a major read. Very well done. Extremely well written.

Sorry if its old, but the way I see it is whats old for some, is new to others.

As I've said, it contains possible spoilers, so it is your own choice whether or not you want to read.

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7712

yeah we've had this twice but its been updated so i suppose its warranted,

some amazing stuff here,
    this thread originally started the race to find the best theory and everyone started posting theories after this(including sadly me)

the big problem i have with is the cc which andrew s has now made central to it, I've spoken to him a few times about it but the logic doesn't seem to follow(for me anyway)

the other stuff though is amazing i.e how he shows alvar hanso s name was created etc.

the cc is Collective Consciousness and the theroy says that everyone or maybe just the bunch of scientists are all linked telepathically and combine their power to do everything!
    i doubt the cc telepathically guided walts knife, giving that walt has this innate power i think he did himself.

I dont think the black smoke faked the plane crash and placed the survivors there in a 'simulated after crash scenario' in fact i think giving what we now know about ethan and the manifest (from maternity leave he discusses it with zeke) we must presume there was a real plane.

for me the black smoke is an electromagnetic stable device able to show the dharma remote viewers the 'goings on of the island' and possibly able to project images to them (like Jacks father etc) and possibly able to physically interact.....

there are other problems with the theory but...ah don't have the time

anyways great theory and if the cc part is right i'll eat my socks s

oh ps if anyone interested:
    ultimate theory is expanded even further on the fuselage in the general theories thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭peterwilson

If its true how do you think Locke will react?
    When he saw 'something' in the woods did he believe he'd seen God?
    He was (after all) turned into a man of faith.
    Now if its all just a bunch of wired scientists giving him the ability to walk shouldn't he be mightily p.o.ed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Locke wants to believe, so whatever he finds out, he integrates into his belief system. In Season 1, he treated the unopened hatch like the door of his god's house. He shouted and pleaded with it after Boone's death and when the light came on, he reacted like it was a sign from God (even though it was just Desmond turning on the light!).
    When he found out what was inside, it didn't dent his faith. He just changed over to inputting the numbers like it was his way of praying and started converting the other castaways to his faith. No matter what he discovers in the end, he'll be pleased he regained the use of his legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its just some sort esp then ok done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭peterwilson

its just some sort esp then ok done.

:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement