Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Ennis.

• 08-03-2006 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Anyone in Ennis get upgraded from 1Mb to 2MB when the supposed upgrade took place a few weeks ago.?
    My connection is still at 1Mb but I do not want to complain as its been solid and reliable since I got connected in December. From the posts some are having problems after the increase in speed so my idea is "If its not broken dont fix it "
    Just curious as to what difference the increase makes in normal browsing.??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

speedbird1 wrote:
    Anyone in Ennis get upgraded from 1Mb to 2MB when the supposed upgrade took place a few weeks ago.?
    My connection is still at 1Mb but I do not want to complain as its been solid and reliable since I got connected in December. From the posts some are having problems after the increase in speed so my idea is "If its not broken dont fix it "
    Just curious as to what difference the increase makes in normal browsing.??
    Thanks

Quick question for you - is Ennis still an 'Information Age Town'? Didn't Eircom run some kind of trial there a few years ago? Is it still on the go?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

Yes that is correct but it all ended about 2 years ago.
    Things have changed a lot in the meantime but they were good
    days and gave us all a good start with PCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Was Ennis the first ever broadband enabled town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

speedbird1 wrote:

Yeah I got upgraded from 1Mb to 2Mb (BT) on the Saturday the upgrade took place. I'm in Ennis, just off the Tulla Road.

It doesn't make a difference to normal browsing. Downloads obviously come in a bit faster, especially from servers that have the bandwidth. The upload increase is handy for me as I upload through FTP a fair bit for work and send a lot of emails with attachments.

I didn't live here during the Information Age Town days, but a few people I know are still running the Dells they got back then...

Advertisement