Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Case!!

Options
  • 08-03-2006 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

I had a post for this in FS 'Wanted' but alas nobody had one to sell me. So I'll need a recommendation to buy one elsewhere.

I want a case that is 1) midi to full tower. I want a big one! (Generous amount of drive bays)
    2) Has 120mm fans all around (No 80mm unless in the window!)
    3) Removable motherboard tray.
    4) Wheels/feet a bonus
    5) Side window
    6) Toolless design a bonus
    7) Last but not least - Looks good.

I've looked at Lian Li and a couple of Chieftek and Gigabyte Auroras and they are nice, but can't really get everything I want.... unless I've missed something.... and thats where you come in.... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Great minds think alike..... Just had looked at it and half way through a review... looks impressive... wonder about removable tray though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Could get a stacker from www.overclock.co.uk They sell the windows for them as well. Uses all 120mm (one silent 80mm out the top), come with wheels. Don't think the tray is removable, but its so big you don't really need to worry about that. It has room for a PSU top and bottom, and can be changed over to BTX if wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I'm with astrofool on this...Stacker!

Only thing not on your list is the removable MB tray...but as stated this thing is HUGE inside :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

The tray is removeable in the stacker.

It just takes about 25 screws :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

you cn add wheels to any case easily, look on casegod.com i think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I have to reccommend the antec lanboy, 2 120mil fans and good case design that keeps the hard disks very cool.

And it looks pretty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Stacker all the way for lots & lots of Drives!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Have the Gigabyte Aurora meself and I'm quite happy with it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

this would be the case id have if i had a desktop
    17.jpg

Tis lovely Kami. I see nasty 80mm fans though and it may be a bit on the smallish side for me. Would be class though with the new Raptor X 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

my my....:rolleyes:

A tastefully done perspex case?
    A while since i've seen one i liked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I've always been tempted with a perspex case....but not enough places to hide my rats nest wiring :D

My latest project below..in a Stacker of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I've a thermaltake "Armour".

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor/va8000swa.asp

Very big inside. Extremely cool (temp wise I mean). I don't know for sure if the mobo tray is removable as there simply was no need to remove anything. Tool free is mostly good but one thing I installed, a fan controller, was fairly stumpy and needed screwing in to be secure (I think that can happen with many toolfree types), but DVD drives etc were easier to install in this than any other case I've used. Four fans, 2 x 120 (lit) and 2 x 80, all whisper quiet. The 80cms are for exhausts from the top of the case. Two HD racks. Side window. An accessory tray thing. All aluminium. Feet. Excellent screw selection included. Top access to usb and sound ports. etc etc. I haven't used the stacker but I definitely was impressed with this case. The only trouble really was the tool-free slots at the back aren't really designed for dual size cards so I took off the gizmo when putting in my X1900 card. A really cool thing about the case is the ability to use any of the 11 front bays in any order you want. So want to have the on button on the button, in the middle or at the top - all your own choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

The Akasa Eclipse 62 I bought off Combat Crow is a lovely case, nice size aswell.

art wrote:
    I've a thermaltake "Armour".

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor/va8000swa.asp

Very big inside. Extremely cool (temp wise I mean). I don't know for sure if the mobo tray is removable as there simply was no need to remove anything. Tool free is mostly good but one thing I installed, a fan controller, was fairly stumpy and needed screwing in to be secure (I think that can happen with many toolfree types), but DVD drives etc were easier to install in this than any other case I've used. Four fans, 2 x 120 (lit) and 2 x 80, all whisper quiet. The 80cms are for exhausts from the top of the case. Two HD racks. Side window. An accessory tray thing. All aluminium. Feet. Excellent screw selection included. Top access to usb and sound ports. etc etc. I haven't used the stacker but I definitely was impressed with this case. The only trouble really was the tool-free slots at the back aren't really designed for dual size cards so I took off the gizmo when putting in my X1900 card. A really cool thing about the case is the ability to use any of the 11 front bays in any order you want. So want to have the on button on the button, in the middle or at the top - all your own choice.

Art!! that is the one I've already decided on at this stage. Great minds..... ;)
    I was gonna go stacker, but cost a good few €€€€. I think the Armor looks lovely and is big enough for me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

riptide wrote:
    Art!! that is the one I've already decided on at this stage. Great minds..... ;)
    I was gonna go stacker, but cost a good few €€€€. I think the Armor looks lovely and is big enough for me too...
    Yeah, good stuff. There's a few things about it that could be better (eg there's no hand holds for lifting it about) but it is well put together, big and sturdy, and does look very well. I got an Akasa Fan controller thing to put in the front too - it comes in brushed aluminium and lights up blue so matches the whole thing: Looks great! :)

art wrote:
    Yeah, good stuff. There's a few things about it that could be better (eg there's no hand holds for lifting it about) but it is well put together, big and sturdy, and does look very well. I got an Akasa Fan controller thing to put in the front too - it comes in brushed aluminium and lights up blue so matches the whole thing: Looks great! :)
    Ya.. i have a thermaltake controller myself... might clash with it a bit, but how and ever...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

riptide wrote:
    Tis lovely Kami. I see nasty 80mm fans though and it may be a bit on the smallish side for me. Would be class though with the new Raptor X 150.
    i wouldnt imagine it would be hard to enlarge the holes

• Advertisement
Advertisement