Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor repairs

• 08-03-2006 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

My K750 joystick has been acting up for a few months. I was getting really fed up with it, so I took it in to the store I bought it to get it repaired under warranty.

Today I got a call to say that there was 'physical' damage and it would cost 50 euro to get fixed. It's obviously the joystick issue that many k750 users have experienced (I don't even play games on it). Has anyone else experienced problems getting repairs under warranty from Meteor. If so, how did you resolve it?

In the meantime, I'm going in to create havoc at the store tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

"I'm going in to create havoc at the store tomorrow."
    Don't do this. Staff will be unwilling to help you if you become abusive.

As for the joystick - it's not an uncommon issue with Sony Ericsson (or other!) joysticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

ciaranfo wrote:
    "I'm going in to create havoc at the store tomorrow."
    Don't do this. Staff will be unwilling to help you if you become abusive.

As for the joystick - it's not an uncommon issue with Sony Ericsson (or other!) joysticks.

By that I meant I'm going to be very assertive:)

As for the joystick, if it's not uncommon then it should come under the warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

just be nice. having worked in a shop like that i can tell you that we don't care about your Entitlements and rights.

the decision that it was physical damage isn't made by meteor, much less the person in the store. its made by a third party repair company. if you want to go on about what you're entitled to say it to the manager, or better yet the repair company. if you shout at the person in the shop, they'll dislike you and tell the manager that some pr!ck is shouting. he'll then talk to his manager about it who'll talk to the repair company. by the time it gets to the person you should have talked to in the first place the chances of getting your phone repaired aren't very good

Vimes, although crudely phrased, explains it well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Tazz T wrote:
    My K750 joystick has been acting up for a few months. I was getting really fed up with it, so I took it in to the store I bought it to get it repaired under warranty.

Today I got a call to say that there was 'physical' damage and it would cost 50 euro to get fixed. It's obviously the joystick issue that many k750 users have experienced (I don't even play games on it). Has anyone else experienced problems getting repairs under warranty from Meteor. If so, how did you resolve it?

In the meantime, I'm going in to create havoc at the store tomorrow.

Get a second opinion, that's what I'd do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ok i had the same problem and it was fixed in less than 3 hrs, i went to mobile phone repair centre and they replaced the joystick and also flashed latest software on to the fone. no questions were asked just name and phone number.
    there number is 012950907 and there based in sandyford.thats your best option as meteor have to send it away and it can take 1-2 weeks and this only takes 3 hrs and costs nothing

They're a Sony Ericsson repair centre drdre?

ciaranfo wrote:
    They're a Sony Ericsson repair centre drdre?
    MPRC do most phones, not just SE.

Do they have a website or what not ?

• Advertisement

yeah they do all phones, i go to them everytime i need to get anything done as vodafone and other shops send repairs to these guys and can take 10-14 days whereas if you go in yourself it takes MAX 3 hrs.
    and of course its for free if its under warranty

drdre wrote:
    yeah they do all phones, i go to them everytime i need to get anything done as vodafone and other shops send repairs to these guys and can take 10-14 days whereas if you go in yourself it takes MAX 3 hrs.
    and of course its for free if its under warranty
    Exactly drdre, if you send a phone into a shop they'll just send it to MPRC anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭irishboy21

I think MPRC do every phone except Nokia, as Nokia have their own service centers, I think.

irishboy21 wrote:
    I think MPRC do every phone except Nokia, as Nokia have their own service centers, I think.
    Yes and no. Yes, Nokia have their own centres, but no, MPRC will do them too if you wish.

God I'm starting to sound like I'm advertising the place! :eek:

no irishboy, they do all phones. they are a authorised serive centre and have been awarded as most band service centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭irishboy21

Karsini wrote:
    Yes and no. Yes, Nokia have their own centres, but no, MPRC will do them too if you wish.

God I'm starting to sound like I'm advertising the place! :eek:
    Ah right, :D........

Interesting! I will see what happens tonight and if they insist on charging me I'll take it there for a 2nd op.
    just be nice. having worked in a shop like that i can tell you that we don't care about your Entitlements and rights.
    d

That can't be good for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

drdre wrote:
    also flashed latest software on to the fone.

So can this be done to get rid of some of the networks stupid locks on the phone?

UPDATE

Sigma say that the SE warranty doesn't cover dust under the fascia (which results in the joystick problem).

Anybody experienced this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Sigma don't say that. Sony Ericsson say that to Sigma.

*shrugs*

I'll recommend ringing Sigma directly on 1850660000. That or ring Sony Ericsson themselves. Meteor shop staff have to go by what Sigma tell them

• Advertisement

i had the same problem as you, i know there was dust in mine,the best option is mprc,donot mind meteor and donot tell mprc that you went to meteor shop etc.just walk in and they will do it for you no questions asked.

Just an update on this. SE have confirmed that the joystick/dust issue isn't covered by the warranty.

'Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

In relation to your enquiry we must inform you that under the conditions of your Sony Ericsson Limited Warranty we will repair any manufacturing faults with its time period.

In relation to your enquiry regarding the outcome of the service of your K750i, our technicians have examined your unit and concluded that it has suffered damage due to dust. Sony Ericsson upholds the decision taken by our Service Centre, and as this is not a manufacturing fault it is not covered under your Sony Ericsson Limited Warranty.

For more information please see condition 3 of the Sony Ericsson Limited Warranty which can be found in the back of your user manual or on our website www.SonyEricsson.com.'

Bit lousy IMO considering it's a design fault.

Advertisement