Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.C.D. Taekwondo demo today!!!

Options
  • 08-03-2006 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

What did people think of the TKD demo today in the students centre??

Ive only seen the TKD club do this,why dont any of the other martial arts clubs in the college do this??

And to the TKD club, what kind of feedback did you get from the students throughout the demo?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im here now , a few people watching and getting interest from the natives.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sparathon's always a good laugh!
    We're doing it for the St Vincent de Paul this year. So drop a couple of quid in the buckets if you're down. The sparathon's an annual thing, we pick a different charity every year and spend a day kicking the crap out of each other to raise money.
    I was sparring between 12 and 2, if anybody was down then I was the black belt girl with short blonde hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Sparathon's always a good laugh!
    We're doing it for the St Vincent de Paul this year. So drop a couple of quid in the buckets if you're down. The sparathon's an annual thing, we pick a different charity every year and spend a day kicking the crap out of each other to raise money.
    I was sparring between 12 and 2, if anybody was down then I was the black belt girl with short blonde hair.
    Did you rock???!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hell, everybody rocked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Good stuff with the charity idea, hope it does really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

RedRaven wrote:
    What did people think of the TKD demo today in the students centre??

Ive only seen the TKD club do this,why dont any of the other martial arts clubs in the college do this??

And to the TKD club, what kind of feedback did you get from the students throughout the demo?

Cheers.

Gah! Stupid login cookie ate my original response! Lets see how much I remember ...

I'd be interested in the feedback from this as well. Its always good to see what impressions other people have of us :)

As for why other clubs dont do more stuff like this, I dont really know. The TKD club has always been a bit more proactive than other clubs when its comes to running events (the first MA Freshers party, MA Ball, MA Karaoke were all TKD, or TKD/Kickboxing events), so maybe its just a cultural thing with TKD - each committee trying to think of ways to outdo the last type thing. Or it could be that clubs which are more instructor led (which would have outside instructors who arent in college) dont feel the need to do things like this. TKD has been doing a sparathon every year (more or less) since 1997, so its a pretty firm date in our calendar.

Which is a shame, I'd really like to see more things like this on campus. The more events like this, the more interest in martial arts as a whole is raised, which is good for all clubs on campus, not just the ones doing the demo. I think it just takes one or two dedicated people in the club to organise events like this - they basically tell others what to do and get the ball rolling, and if you can get other people involved, so much the better.

As for the reaction it was pretty much postive. Lets face it, no one is going to be too negative to a group of people fighting each other wearing black belts :)

If any one is interested theres some photos up at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hades-central/sets/72057594083380554/

If you cant guess from the descriptions, I was the one wearing the green suit :)

Advertisement