Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everyone Hates Chris Monday 8:00 TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Funny show,well worth a look. It might be on too early for some people,but I think Malcolm in the Middle did well for TV3 in a similar slot. Its just a good thing it doesn't clash with Lost! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

YES!!!! I love tv3!!!
    I thought this would never come, yay.. this show looks hilarious!!!!!!!!!
    Yay! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Let it go Limerick man TV3 is still ****. It has one good show. Wow.

You must be a soap fan, have you ever heard of a channel called ITV?

nah, i hate soap! why's you think that?!?

Supernatural is also good. But ye,thats about it :p

• Advertisement

nah, i hate soap! why's you think that?!?

Then you must like Reality TV because I cann't see anything much else on TV3.

TVnut's I am dissappointed, Supernatural is a lame excuse for Millenium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

sounds good.
    let's just hope they don't do the same thing they did with arrested development
    #

Never seen Millenium. But I think Supernatural is actually good,its not cheesy like smallville.

Never seen Millenium.

Well then go out and buy a box set well worth it. But you will end up being dissappionted with Supernatural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

can't wait for this, chris rock is one funny dude:D

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote:
    Well then go out and buy a box set well worth it. But you will end up being dissappionted with Supernatural.

I will end up being disappointed after I see Millenium or after I have seen more episodes of Supernatural? because I have already seen all US eps so far and I think it is getting really interesting.

I will end up being disappointed after I see Millenium or after I have seen more episodes of Supernatural? because I have already seen all US eps so far and I think it is getting really interesting.

You don't need to let Millenium get interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Back on topic.. i liked 'Everybody Hates Chris' at the start but soon it became the same stale formula week after week. And i stopped watching.

You can typically see where plotlines and jokes are going - similar to the latter series of 'Malcolm In The Middle'

PS - oh.. and for 'Supernatural', i really started to tire of it with the brothers and their weekly adventures. Got into a trend of:

Sam: "Hmmm.. an attractive college student in trouble.. we must help!"
    Dean: "Dean.. there's a bansee outside our window right now!"
    Sam: "Yeah, but this college student has capital knockers"

Cue ending with Sam frenching said college student before setting off on the road with typically little or no explanation as to the phenomenon.. and as for plot development, forget it!

But recently, we have been getting some decent enough plot development. But if that keeps that up is another story.

Cue ending with Sam frenching said college student before setting off on the road with typically little or no explanation as to the phenomenon.. and as for plot development, forget it!

Thanks for explaining why I don't think that show is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the episode with the school picture is very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

got a few laughs from it, its a nice family-ish show with a few decent jokes thrown in. "when i was growing up, my family was so poor we couldnt afford to pay attention" will get stale very quickly tho. ill keep watching for another bit to see how it turns out.

basquille wrote:
    Back on topic.. i liked 'Everybody Hates Chris' at the start but soon it became the same stale formula week after week. And i stopped watching.

You can typically see where plotlines and jokes are going - similar to the latter series of 'Malcolm In The Middle'

PS - oh.. and for 'Supernatural', i really started to tire of it with the brothers and their weekly adventures. Got into a trend of:

Sam: "Hmmm.. an attractive college student in trouble.. we must help!"
    Dean: "Dean.. there's a bansee outside our window right now!"
    Sam: "Yeah, but this college student has capital knockers"

But recently, we have been getting some decent enough plot development. But if that keeps that up is another story.

Have you missed everything about that
    hot crazy chick who is trying to kill their father and who doesn't seem to die when thrown off a building?
    Good stuff. And as far as weekly episodes go,there may be no plot development,but each individual story is good,and most shows cant pull that off (i.e smallville season 1).

As for Chris,still better than My name is Earl IMO.

That's what i mean.. it's only now (almost 3 / 4 way through a series) that we're getting some plot development regarding
    the father
    .. but a show can't live on individual stories alone. We need some plot development to advance the storyline and draw the viewer in. I'd be suprised if it's gets commissioned for a second season, i am still somewhat enjoying it but i'm slowly tiring of it - similar to Chris.

And as far as Chris being better than Earl... utter blasphemy! :eek: :eek:

:D:D Jason Lee + Ethan Suplee = Hilarity Squared!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Was better show than I expected. I loved the bit "turn off that clock, you can't read the time when your asleep. That costs 2cents an hour" lol.

awww... i've been looking forward to it all week... and i missed it!?!?!
    Does anyone know about repeats?!? I know TV3 like never repeat stuff.. but is there any at all?!?!

• Advertisement

TV3 has no repeats scheduled.. i'm afraid!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've been watching this show since its started, its actually pretty damn good...love the fact its set in the 80's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i wasn't impressed at all with this show. Its just a watered down black version of The Wonder Years. The best bits are the nostalgic moments from the 80's , some of his lines are witty but there is something about it that ain't right. I'll watch another few episodes of this as i dont want to rate it soley based on the first episode which is hindered by the fact that it needs to create a "brief" or a general introduction to the show.

Time will tell.......

Does anyone know about repeats?!? I know TV3 like never repeat stuff.. but is there any at all?!?!

TV3 will eventually show a repeat prob after the show has finished. Like with Malcome in the middle and L&O:SUV they will have it playing in a loop.

Advertisement