Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facial hair - laser or waxing

• 08-03-2006 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi can anyone advice me whats the best method to get rid of facial hair I know waxing is just a temporary method but has anyone out there tried laser any what have the benefits if any been for you.

Would appreciate your advice.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

My friend works in one of the places that do it & she has assured me that laser hair removal is totally safe and you can treat any area with no side affects.

It usually takes 4-6 sessions, as hair follicles go through resting and growing phases.

You could go for a consultation in any of the places that do it. That way you can get a good idea of what to expect and decide if it's an option you'd like to take.

It can be expensive, but I reckon its worth it and I'm planning on doing it myself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Me too - underarms and then lip/chin will be done when the SSIA comes around in August!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

hmmm a friend of mine gets it done really effectively with some sort of treatment, with an electric current i think, can't remember what she called it, maybe electrolisis? not much help i know but i'll find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

Ooh! Laser!

I'm actually just in the last stages of a laser treatment for facial hair. I'd love to get other areas done - bikini & underarms - but I couldn't afford it at the moment!

I actually go to these guys:
    http://www.edenbeautygroup.com/hair_rem.htm

Initially you have to get a patch test - if you book treatments the test doesn't cost anything - but I think it normally costs €20.

The treatment isn't painful... there is some discomfort - I can't deny that... and again what I might consider painful would differ to what you would consider! :eek: Basically the head is placed onto the skin and it emits a strong pulse of light - it's a little like a camera flash - then the therapist will move it to another area and the process is repeated. The feeling is a little like having an elastic band flicked against your skin. Because the light is so intense the head can get hot... so loads of ice packs are needed... and you continue to ice the area after the treatment just to make sure you get all the heat out to avoid blistering.

Em... I don't think there is anything else I can really tell you about it. I know that the treatment works best on darker hair... it's to do with the structure of the hair & how fairer hair absorbes the light. I have definitely noticed a huge improvement. Oh - it's not a 100% insurance against the hair returning - as in... say you get pregnant or you suffer some form of hormonal imbalance... the hair might return. I know of some people who do have hormonal imbalances & they have gone through the treatment sucessfully... then they might go for a 'top up' once or twice a year.

I think the only disadvantage was the fact that waxing and plucking is a big no-no. If the area is bad then you do have the option of shaving.

For babaduck - the most 'painless' areas to get done are the lip and chin... underarms and bikini are supposed to be pain/discomfort free.

You should email the guys at Eden... they are really helpful & they'll answer any of your questions... even if it is to recommend a place local to you!

Hope this helps!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i know a girl who is getting the bikini done, wouldnt that be sore, love to get it done my self.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

Laser is the best method, When you wax it increases the blood flow to the area so the hair grows back as a terminal hair(the course kind that is under your arm or in your pubic area)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

yeh i get electrolysis its effective but the hair grows back so i dunno really?

Advertisement