Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt Voyager 100

• 08-03-2006 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

BT VOYAGER 100
    I got this modem cheap off E-bay. I use it as a second modem to connect my laptops, so I don’t have to move the one BT supplied when I signed up from broadband from my desktop.
    The modem works no problem with one laptop which I have windows ME running on. I can connect and browse at speeds up to 1.7MB. But if I connect my other laptop which has XP SP2 installed on it, my connection speed goes down to as low as 14k (tested using www.irishisptest.com).
    I am using the latest drivers for the modem downloaded from (http://www.voyager.bt.com/usb100/pcdownload.htm).
    Anybody any ideas why I connect so slow when using windows XP (firewalls etc. are turned off):confused: ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Do you disconnect the BT supplied modem from the phone line before connecting the voyager?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

Of course. As I say it works fine with the windows ME laptop. Unplug this and plug into XP and speed drops right down?

Advertisement