Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel 6 Thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

why do they always go on about premier in Ireland, im sure most of ireland have seen the shows that have already been show on tv3/bbc/c4

altough I will be tuning in to see the irish made music progs etc...

why do they always go on about premier in Ireland, im sure most of ireland have seen the shows that have already been show on tv3/bbc/c4

although I will be tuning in to see the irish made music progs etc...

where are there studios?

ps where is the studio for the afternoon show the one where they can see over the square?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I agree - technically some of those (House, currently on Hallmark and Five and Prison Break, currently only on Five) are true "Irish Television Premieres", but if they got something like, say, Enterprise, which has only been on Sky One and Channel 4, though they could call it a 'premiere' series, it actually would be stupid to do so, as most audiences would have caught it elsewhere long, long ago.

(Incidentally, a third season ST:TNG episode, "The High Ground" has never been shown on Irish television, either on RTE or the BBC - and only in edited form on Sky's airings. Wonder what'll happen when that one comes around...)

Movies - all of those which I see in the Channel 6 schedule have been on TV in Ireland before, AFAIK - hard to see how any of those can truly be a premiere.
    ps where is the studio for the afternoon show the one where they can see over the square?

It's a backdrop on the set - it's not looking over a real live place, more a picture of a place. Presume it's just some city view from somewhere in Dublin. The studio is in RTE, in Donnybrook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They now have more listings on the Channel 6 website. And for those of you who don't have DigiGuide, TheCustard.Tv has listings til the 13th April (their listings are powered by DigiGuide also).

The viewing for the rest of the week / weekend is below:
    Thursday
    30th March 2006

* 20:00 Take Six
    * 20:35 US Office
    * 21:00 House
    * 22:00 Get Shorty
    * 00:00 Night Shift
    Friday
    31st March 2006

* 15:00 Popscene
    * 17:10 Dawson's Creek
    * 18:00 Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    * 18:50 Charmed
    * 19:50 Popscene Review
    * 20:00 Everybody Loves Raymond
    * 20:30 Frasier
    * 21:00 Law & Order
    * 21:55 Take Six Feature Intro
    * 22:00 Kalifornia
    * 00:15 Star Trek - The Next Generation
    * 01:15 Night Shift
    Saturday
    1st April 2006

* 12:10 Dawson's Creek
    * 13:00 Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    * 13:55 Charmed
    * 14:50 Take Six Review
    * 15:00 Day Shift
    * 17:10 7th Heaven
    * 18:00 Dharma & Greg
    * 18:30 That 70's Show
    * 19:00 Everybody Loves Raymond
    * 19:30 Take Six
    * 20:05 J.A.G.
    * 21:00 Dead Like Me
    * 22:30 Mad Dog And Glory
    * 00:30 Northern Exposure
    * 01:30 Night Shift
    Sunday
    2nd April 2006

* 13:55 Charmed
    * 14:50 Access Hollywood Extra
    * 15:00 Day Shift
    * 17:10 7th Heaven
    * 18:00 Dharma & Greg
    * 18:30 That 70's Show
    * 19:00 Everwood
    * 20:00 Uncle Buck
    * 22:00 Closer, The
    * 23:00 Frasier
    * 23:30 Take Six Replay
    * 00:00 Northern Exposure
    * 01:00 Night Shift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackthelad75

Programs sound great but could be a bit more retro too,THE FALL GUY haven't seen it since i was a kid or any of those action sitcoms from the 80s.And whats the deal with the ads being much LOADER than the programs oh yeah one thing WELL DONE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

And whats the deal with the ads being much LOADER than the programs

sadly a lot of channels do this. it is another good reason to not watch tv live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭jlang

I started watching the film earlier but couldn't stick the picture format. I don't know whether it was 4:3 that was broadcast in widescreen or what it was but it was very distracting. Picture seems to be fine now - they're showing more music videos than MTV has for years in the same slot!

So is Channel 6 only going to start broadcasting past 12 every day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Mossy

... whats the deal with the ads being much LOADER than the programs

It's to do with sound compression, apparently. I did a quick Google and came up with this.

so what ya think of th film review program

i thought it was okay, it was good cos it was actual an honest review show rather then a E! type show with plenty of cynicism but ironically at the end of the day seriously lacked enthusiasm.

what was the freaky video of the slow-mo dogs it was cool but the screen graphics weren't working, and aso the video of the man single with the light to his mouth was v.cool too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

doh.ie wrote:

It's a backdrop on the set - it's not looking over a real live place, more a picture of a place. Presume it's just some city view from somewhere in Dublin. The studio is in RTE, in Donnybrook.

It was just a chroma key with a picture from the states keyed in behind. Also the studio is not in RTE In donnybrook, it is city centre based:)

Also NTL Analogue are broadcasting the channel in 14x9 and 16x9 on their digital service. There are still some teething problems with output and gfx at the moment, they will be hopefuilly sorted out by next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

So is Channel 6 only going to start broadcasting past 12 every day?

Looks like it's broadcasting from 3pm weekdays then 12pm on the weekends.
    doh.ie wrote:
    Movies - all of those which I see in the Channel 6 schedule have been on TV in Ireland before, AFAIK - hard to see how any of those can truly be a premiere.

Didn't hear them calling the movies premieres... I think the theory is they're old but quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

It was just a chroma key with a picture from the states keyed in behind.

Unless I'm mistaken the Afternoon Show background is a backdrop (i.e. photo on set) rather than chroma keyed (which would be a nightmare to keep from having blurrly edges showing technically). You may be talking about something else, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

doh.ie wrote:
    Unless I'm mistaken the Afternoon Show background is a backdrop (i.e. photo on set) rather than chroma keyed (which would be a nightmare to keep from having blurrly edges showing technically). You may be talking about something else, though.
    The set is not real??? I'm sure I've seen raindrops on the windows. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They might get into trouble after tonight as they showed Thelma & Louise at 8 tonight and when I flicked onto it at 8:30, the Guy they shot said "I should have F$$Ked her" and also heard "C$cksucker", I'm sure some parents are going to be complaining about that language being used before the 9pm Watershed!

Snake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Actually what Snake said reminds me of something... can anyone else remember a few years back (maybe 2 - 3) and RTE2 showed Die Hard at 7.30 in the evening?

The language and violence was certainly colourful enough to put the the young 'uns to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

wish this was terrestrial.. i wanted to see house and american office. damn it anyway, it's not really a channel in my opinion.

Advertisement