Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to study music?

Options
  • 08-03-2006 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone!
    I'm hoping to study music at university and I was wondering if you had the choice of any universities in the country that offers music which you would chose. Please try to be impartial if that’s even possible :). If you were in school and had never been to university which one would you have chosen if you disregard things like location etc...?
    I would really love someone to respond as it's such a difficult choice for me to make!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

You interested in a general arts degree? or performance? muic ed??

i'd go to DCU i think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

My music teacher swears by Trinners, if you're that way inclined go for it but I personally don't really like the college. Maybe talk to your Guidance Counsellor if you haven't already done so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Maynooth is has the best music lecturer/course in the country also UCC is also very good i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

*Tripper* wrote:
    Maynooth is has the best music lecturer/course in the country also UCC is also very good i believe
    Whoah Tripper! That was pretty amazing! 4x Post.

They'll never know what you mean, mawmawmawmawmawmwamaw. Trinners only good lecturer went to maynooth not to long ago, they focus more on the theoretical aspects less on the practical, with is bull**** in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

UCC is the best, if you want to do music UCC is the place for you.
    Everyone I know who did music in university did it in UCC as its simply the best in that area. Micheál O Sulleabháin was a lecturer there for years... good enough answer?

Yea but you'd have to hang around with a load of cork people or even worse Clare people :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It all depends on what type of Music course you're looking for.
    DCU or Newpark have a very performance orientated course
    the rest seem to be more focused on Theory and the like. Though from talking to various friends in different colleges Maynooth seems to be great, though the college is a bit of a kip :p

As for myself, Im hopefully headed to Newpark, if I don't get in I'll prolly be in Maynooth.

EDIT: Just got a letter from Maynooth today telling me to be there for 25th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

When i saw the title.. my anwser was to go study in the toilet.. but if i had to give you an intelligent anwser i say UCC is the best place.. not just because i'm from Cork of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

*Tripper* wrote:
    Yea but you'd have to hang around with a load of cork people or even worse Clare people :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Cheers :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Whats wrong with Cork people?? We're the greatest people in this country.. no mistake about it!!

Advertisement