Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amby Baby Hammock

Options
  • 08-03-2006 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

anyone use one of these Amby Baby Bouncer hammocks? I like the sound of them. They are a little pricey but could work well. It'd double as a travel cot too which would be good.

Wife is due in 11 weeks so looking to sort something out soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I liked the sound of this too (I am due in 5wks) but was worried about baby pulling themselves up to sitting & rolling out.....was a bit concerned to see the site tried to alley fears by saying at least baby didn't have far to fall! :eek: Put me off completely! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

At about 20 cms from the floor while he soundly sleeps, you will be free from the nagging worry of your baby falling from the full height of a cot.

yeah i dunno, yeah they look comfy and practical, probably tidies away easily and doesnt take up too much room.....but with the safty thing, i think a baby would only get a few months use out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Given the cost of it, a few months use out of it seems to be poor value for money. The website reckons you could get almost a year or more out of it, but with a developing baby who will be rooting and tearing at things and pulling himself up and about, s/he could easily fall out of it.

A nice idea for sure. I wonder have many people in Ireland actually bought one?

We've decided to buy a Cassotto glider cot instead. It's mid sized and rocks very gently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

That's a good idea - I like the idea of a rocking cot rather than the hammock....best of luck with the new baby! :)

Advertisement