Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Unfairly Closed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

CuLT wrote:
    I predict this thread will explode in a drama-llama for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Due to his amazing prescienct powers, CuLT for new mod of paranormal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Gordon wrote:
    I wasn't actually but thanks, I didn't know I was doing such a fantastic job! :)

If you've had plenty of bans then I reckon you're just a trouble maker and would be better off going elsewhere. You're probably wasting the mods' time if you've been banned by "plenty".

I've had a few bans including some questionable ones like the one you gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

koneko wrote:
    Moaning day in and day out just turns you into white noise. You're the boy who cried wolf. Now, even if you have a valid point, no one is going to listen.
    "Ah jeez, it's Fightin Irish again.... *tune out*"

Fair enough, i just don't see the point in closing some threads, the reason for a message board is for people to talk and what not so as long as people are talking why close a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Then it's best if you give boards.ie a miss Ag marbh, you're obviously just out to make trouble.

Gordon wrote:
    Then it's best if you give boards.ie a miss Ag marbh, you're obviously just out to make trouble.

Not out to cause trouble. I wasn't causing trouble when you banned me, I just had a different opinion but we get into that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ag marbh wrote:
    Get off your high horse and get a life.

Am I the one waging a vendetta on the internet? Fool. :rolleyes:

kaimera wrote:
    Am I the one waging a vendetta on the internet? Fool. :rolleyes:

I dont think expressing an opinion is waging a vandetta !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

As was my post that you jumped at !!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I was just expressing my opinion by banning you Ag marbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Yes but what harm can it cause, eveyone downloads stuff they are legally not allowed to. Me asking a question about which is the safest isn't harming anyone and won't get anyone in trouble

No they DON'T. Don't be silly.

In response to the OP, yes, I'm very sorry, that guy just gets my back up. The topic (web standards, not insane legal threats) comes up periodically, tho, so you should possibly be able to start a new thread safely enough.
    Fair enough, i just don't see the point in closing some threads, the reason for a message board is for people to talk and what not so as long as people are talking why close a thread?

Well, when those people are talking about how best to break the law...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

rsynnott wrote:
    No they DON'T. Don't be silly.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭eoge

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Feedback is the way forward as long as everyone is looking in the same direction - and I wasnt looking here :)
    That's fair enough. I should have PMed you. Thanks for re-opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ok all happy now :)
    Thread closing before i goes even more off topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement