Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my own PM's sent back to me

Options
  • 08-03-2006 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Something odd going on at the moment. WHen I receive a new PM and I accept the prompt to open it, I am presented with the PM I sent, which the new PM is a reply to. When I go to my inbox I see the other person's PM, not my own.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

a glitch in the matrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Do you need some sticky tape for it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Are the PMs from yourself warnings from the future?

Perhaps telling you not to order the salmon mousse for lunch tomorrow?

I'm not that clever and I'm so filled with bitterness I'm sure I'd let myself eat it, I've just lucked out being a vegetarian for the last 13 years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I also miss the salmon, well more teh smoked cod actually, secret vegetarian fish eating festival organised.
    >_>
    <_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm alergic to all things aquatic... I'm also hydrophobic.

But no one likes a soggy monkey, so it's all good.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Are you looking at the sent box? Is this happening for anyone else?

Sounds like an error between the chair and the keyboard but if its still happening post here again. The rest of you arent really helping :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

DeVore wrote:
    Are you looking at the sent box?

XD

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

DeVore wrote:

Sounds like an error between the chair and the keyboard but if its still happening post here again. The rest of you arent really helping :p

DeV.

Thats what i would assume firstly dev, Human error :D

but the only insance ive ever heard of what the OP said was when a database was transfered to another server using Impex, and it phucked up in the PM's department resulting in PM's you sent in your inbox, and new pms in your sent box.

Wierd.

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

No, this was happening when I opened the message directly from the pop-up. The pop-up was also saying that the message was from me.

10 years working in IT and ye buggers suppose on human error. Where is the damn pacman smiley when you need it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Doctor J wrote:
    Where is the damn pacman smiley when you need it?

smiliepacman.gif

Doctor J wrote:
    No, this was happening when I opened the message directly from the pop-up. The pop-up was also saying that the message was from me.

10 years working in IT and ye buggers suppose on human error. Where is the damn pacman smiley when you need it?

ah ye have popups on, well does it work if you just go into Private messages below Welcome, Doctor J

or by clicking here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php

Nah, you're missing the point, when I was being alerted to a new message in my inbox, the notification pop-up was actually referring to the message I had sent - ie the sender was Doctor J - though what was triggering the alert was a new message in my inbox sent on these occasions by Feylya.

I wasn't getting confused between my inbox and sent items and I haven't changed any settings on Boards or my computer.

At all times, when I went into my inbox folder and I opened the new message in the inbox I saw the correct message, the ones sent by Feylya. My point is that the small alert pop-up box, though being triggered by a real new message sent to me and residing in my inbox, was directed to the last message I sent and when I selected ok to open the message directly from the alert it opened my last sent item.

I'm not sure if I really need to be alerted to what I've just sent :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is it still happening?

DeV.

Can someone send me a PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You just want cybar don't you Dr.!

PM sent...

Seems to be just hunky dory today, thanks guys, but it was buggered yesterday I assure thee.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ha, I borked teh boards!

feylya wrote:
    Ha, I borked teh boards!
    ha yeah

Advertisement