Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explaination for Bannage

Options
  • 08-03-2006 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

I was banned by the greatest mod on boards for asking a straight question on After Hours.

I perhaps acted out a bit in a reply to one of follow up comments, and explained the situation to said mod, WhiteWashMan.

http://springbokssuck.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054893506

Can someone explain WHY I am banned, and how insensitive the banning is considering the circumstances that an accident did occur which killed a mate of mine, and which I explained to WhiteWashMan.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well its crystal clear to me, personal abuse (twice).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

dude not that i'm being smart here or anything but if your friend was killed in an accident why post up here for details surely you would get better info elsewhere?

you posted two personal insults, seems like a textbook banning tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I don't see how you can have any complaints chump.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If a friend of mine had been injured and I was having trouble finding details, I'd essentially spam every possible source for information. Posting in After Hours was actually quite clever.

But then you called someone a fucking spoon. Maybe a harsh warning was more appropriate but you certainly broke the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can't see why you were banned?

Wow, that's a new low.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

BuffyBot wrote:
    You can't see why you were banned?

Wow, that's a new low.

indeed
    perhaps we need a kindergarton forum....

I hear they teach basic spelling to children in Kindergarten :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Give over ya fukkin spoon, why do you think I'm posting this messag, for curiosties sake?
    Again if anyone knows any specifics could they PM me, or post here.
    That's one point
    Your ignorance astounds me.
    Now, that's two points

Do you know why you have been banned yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

chump wrote:
    I was banned by the greatest mod on boards for asking a straight question on After Hours.

I perhaps acted out a bit in a reply to one of follow up comments, and explained the situation to said mod, WhiteWashMan.

http://springbokssuck.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054893506

Can someone explain WHY I am banned, and how insensitive the banning is considering the circumstances that an accident did occur which killed a mate of mine, and which I explained to WhiteWashMan.
    You joined in 03, you must be at least two years old. You should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

chump wrote:
    I was banned by the greatest mod on boards for asking a straight question on After Hours..

well, many thanks for the compliment, but really, we are all a team and as such i feel it only fair that all moderators share it.

however, you were not banned for asking a question. you were banned for being abusive.

we have discussed this in PM, and then you got your brother to PM me and discuss it.
    chump wrote:

you sent me a PM saying your friend had been killed in an accident. im sorry your friend was killed. life sucks like that.

chump wrote:

i think i have explained why you were banned. it was for abuse.
    i mean, how can you not see it?

there was nothing about death or mates in your post. you simply asked if anyone knew of an accident in the airport.
    when i read it, i thought two planes had collided. you just came back at someone and abused them becuase you didnt explain yourself.

im prepared to unban you, but since you cant even be arsed to PM me again and ask for readdmission, instead preferring to post up here feigning ignorance and some made up outrage.

i rather think that ban is the least of your worries tbh. and i fail to see how your ban was insensitive. perhaps it was insensitive to call someone else a fúcking spoon?
    i'll readmit you when i see an apology for abusing someone on the AH forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Christ, yas can't understand how I was a bit annoyed at the flippant reply.

Very low of me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

chump wrote:
    how insensitive the banning is considering the circumstances that an accident did occur which killed a mate of mine, and which I explained to WhiteWashMan.

Your mate was injured and later died and you couldnt find a better source of information than After Hours?

You make such a vague post that most people didnt have a clue and you looked like a troll.

You then back your muppetry up with Personal abuse.

My condolences on your friend, but it doesnt exempt you from the rules. Especially when you so blatantly broke them.

chump wrote:
    Christ, yas can't understand how I was a bit annoyed at the flippant reply.

Very low of me...

No, we can. The point of contention I suspect is that you should say "Im sorry for how I acted, its because I was upset", rather than "You should automatically forgive me because I can do what I want when im upset".

I know there's alot of nastiness flying around but its an important point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

is anyone else wondering why this is going to pringbokssuck and not boards, perhaps another password stealing scam

My brother PM'ed you. I don't know what you're talking about. You think I got my brother to PM you?

The abuse was hardly severe, I said I over-reacted calling him a spoon. Does it even count as abuse, obviously it does around here...
    I rectified the post to say twas work accident.

secret_squirrel are you suggesting something?
    information about the incident wasn't forthcoming until later in the day

My reactin was to dbnavan comment of:
    ...I have relations working in the airport
    which really got on my wick, as it wasn't as if I was just seeking info for the sake of it.

The whole incident was ridiculous, obviously I was tense and worked up, then to be banned, then later explain myself, and then for it just to be left there.

If I thought I actually offended anyone of course I'd take it back, but I don't imagine I did - he seemed to enjoy getting me banned

In reality the situation I think required more of a - sorry but you shouldn't have acted that way, don't do it again and apologise to the dbnavan, solution to the problem...

I find it hard that some people can't even see how I might have acted the way I did in the circumstances.

chump wrote:
    don't do it again and apologise to the dbnavan, solution to the problem...

And yet still you aren't doing it. WWM specifically said you'll be unbanned once you do so. Stop arguing here and do what you yourself have already said is the easiest and best solution.

no one has said they dont understand.
    on the other hand, that doesnt give you the right to post vague posts and then abuse people when they dont understand what you are talking about.

i have yet to see a simple apology.

feigning ignorance and some made up outrage.
    How am I feigning ignorance as a matter of fact, I hardly tried to conceal the original thread, considering I linked to it. And I am actually outraged to a degree with your attitude to the incident.
    and i fail to see how your ban was insensitive.
    The ban may not have been insensitive, but when given the details and your lack of even replying I found was.
    perhaps it was insensitive to call someone else a fúcking spoon?
    I've no doubt it was, I would have thought having explained why I was angry that you may have understood it to a degree.

I'm not denying what I said to dbnavan was 'wrong' but I certainly don't imagine it to have caused great offense. I obviously shouldn't have said it and am definetely sorry if it offended him.

I'm actually not at all annoyed at dbnavan for reporting me, but annoyed at you for being the way you tend to be with these bannings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I imagine WWM is in the process of typing this to you right now, but you can't expect people to accommodate your abuse simply because of your circumstances. It's only a ban of a week or so. How is it that difficult to take on the chin? You shouldn't have acted that way, and you got banned for it. Next time your circumstances get you excited enough to post on a message board, go for a walk instead of doing something that will get you banned. In fact, learn that lesson now.

Go for a walk instead of getting yourself banned from feedback. When you return, instead of posting, search feedback for terms like 'banned' 'power' and 'muppet'. Apart from being highly entertained, you will see that people often get themselves banned for quick reactions on threads. Even though they might have reasons which are based on their circumstances, the mods will deal with them the same way: the same way they deal with all users who break the rules. A ban for a reasonable amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

chump wrote:
    My reactin was to dbnavan comment of:
    ...I have relations working in the airport
    which really got on my wick, as it wasn't as if I was just seeking info for the sake of it.
    And the rest of the world knew this how?

• Advertisement

Raphael I'm not debating the point.
    What I'm saying is.

I was angry.
    Posted under the influence of anger.
    Got banned.
    Explained the situation and why I was angry.
    Expected as I said some sort of slap on the wrist etc.
    But instead WWMan didn't even reply to me and say OK, ban for a few days/week and whatever, but instead left it at what seems to be an open-ended ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Ever thought of trying a little bit of self control? Taking your frustrations out on people on Boards is not really the way to go about it.

chump wrote:
    Raphael I'm not debating the point.
    What I'm saying is.

I was angry.
    Posted under the influence of anger.
    Got banned.
    Explained the situation and why I was angry.
    Expected as I said some sort of slap on the wrist etc.
    But instead WWMan didn't even reply to me and say OK, ban for a few days/week and whatever, but instead left it at what seems to be an open-ended ban.

Wait, so your purpose here is to make a complaint against WWM as a mod? Because thats not what it started out as.

If your intention here is to get the ban undone, then its clear to everyone that a simple apology put into the list above will suffice.

chump wrote:
    How am I feigning ignorance as a matter of fact, I hardly tried to conceal the original thread, considering I linked to it. And I am actually outraged to a degree with your attitude to the incident.

fiegning ignorance of why you are banned. i mean, you have said you dont know why you are banned, and yet it has been pointed out. i can only assume you are feigning ignorance, becuase i dont believe youa re that stupid.
    so you are allowed to be outraged, and yet you have already said you dont think what you said outraged or annoyed anyone?

one rule for you and another rule for others is it?
    chump wrote:
    The ban may not have been insensitive, but when given the details and your lack of even replying I found was.

what?
    you pm me and you say something about your friend being killed. i simply said you were banned for abuse and nothing else. you seemed to find this unacceptable, and i have heard nothing more until now. how have i been insensitive? perhaps youre just being oversensitive? im sure i would be inthe circumstances.
    chump wrote:
    I've no doubt it was, I would have thought having explained why I was angry that you may have understood it to a degree.

i do understand you were upset.
    you seem to think that no one understands this.
    im unsure why this allows you to be abusive, and then get angry at me.
    chump wrote:
    I'm not denying what I said to dbnavan was 'wrong' but I certainly don't imagine it to have caused great offense. I obviously shouldn't have said it and am definetely sorry if it offended him. .

i doubt he cared to be honest. does that mean you are not sorry?

and actually, this is the first time you have said what you did was wrong, instead of defending it with the excuse you were upset.

but im glad you feel you shouldnt have said it.
    chump wrote:
    I'm actually not at all annoyed at dbnavan for reporting me, but annoyed at you for being the way you tend to be with these bannings.

can you point out these other bannings please.
    and you can be annoyed at me for banning you all you want.

but since you apologised and have admitted that you were abusive, welceom back to AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

LiouVille wrote:
    is anyone else wondering why this is going to pringbokssuck and not boards, perhaps another password stealing scam

Yeah...that was a joke by me to help endurance man figure out why he was banned from For Sale. He's South African and into his rugby...just wondering if he would notice me having a little light hearted jab at him.:)

I've laboured over it smashy.

thanks for unbanning me WWMan. I never even post in it tbh, but the whole thing was just annoying me.
    I probably should have dealt with it via PM though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i tihnk he should have got off with a warning tbh
    fine i do admit its retarded for him to have called someone a spoon then accusing a mod of being ignorant for doing his job

but really if his friend was in an accident he must have been panicing and needed an awser asap and you got in his wy or somthing ive been the same before myself granted i think the mod is being very fair lettimg him back in on an apology

chump wrote:
    I've laboured over it smashy.

thanks for unbanning me WWMan. I never even post in it tbh, but the whole thing was just annoying me.
    I probably should have dealt with it via PM though.

np.

to be honest, you were banned for abuse, nothing else.
    and i do the same for every single person in the same situation.

sure it may be considered harsh under certain situations, but i think its the fairest thing all round.

again, im sorry about your friend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

hugs all round people :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Why, in the name of Jesus, Mary and their wee donkey, would anyone post a question on the boards asking about an accident at Dublin Airport.
    Surely a phone call to the airport or gardai or local hospitals would have been a more mature thing to do.

And just because chump does not get the reply he wants he throws the toys out of the pram.

Glad to see that there was a happy conclusion to this silly matter

Advertisement