Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting - Tab. Statement question

Options
  • 08-03-2006 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

If Insurance Prepaid in the balance sheet at the start of the year (1/1/2000) is €700:

"Received a bank statement on May 31 showing a direct debit of €1,800 to cover fire insurance for year ended 31/5/2001"

From this I would say that they paid a year's premium at €150 per month.
    This would mean that they would have five months of the next year prepaid at 150 per month => €750 prepaid PLUS the €700 they had already prepaid
    = €1450 prepaid.

The marking scheme shows the company ending up with just the €750 prepaid, implying that the original prepayment plus the €1,800 brought them up to May '01 but if this was the case, how can they calculate that it should be €150 per month as the €1,800 would not have been for a full year?

If anyone follows this, please reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

You've worded that really badly, but if I follow, the £800 at the start would have been used up from 1-1-00 to 31-5-00, therefore meaning it's now gone and the only thing that needs to be dealt with is the £750 prepaid for next year. I hope that's clear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 x_TC_x

Yay, its all ahead of me yet :rolleyes: x

Advertisement