Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solid external walls

Options
  • 08-03-2006 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm considering buying an old smallish detached bungalow to do up. However I've just heard from the surveyors who've said the external walls themselves themselves are OK but are only 14cm thick and solid concrete. Current regulations are 30cm i believe. there is some internal insulation but this may need to be improved. so besides insulation, does anyone know of any other problems this may cause ? anyone living in a similiar type of house ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Use a high quallity damp proof barrier and a Kingpan type product.

There is no regulation for the thickness of the walls once they are insulated and structurly sound. Many timber frames and 10cm. so 15cm solid concrete is going to be stronger than them in most cases

Advertisement