Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICE broadband terrible the last month and a bit

• 08-03-2006 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

ICE broadband used be fantastic. Always got over 1.8Mb up and 450K down and 99% Qos in speed tests,
    Over the last 5 weeks or so its been dropping down to ISDN speeds both up and down. Packet loss is in the region of 30 - 60%.
    It seems to go back to normal for an hour or 2 at a time and then crap again.
    I've checked with 3 others in my area with ICE and they say the very same thing is happening to them so its not just me.

Just want to check here are other Ice users having problems.

Has anyone noticed ICE is also one of the most expensive wireless broadband in the country too at this stage. Since all the other ISPs have increased their speeds Ice have not. Another provider came knocking on the door last week who are going to start up in my area. I'm just waiting on a price list so i can compare.

Advertisement