Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT Broadband - Load of RUBBISH!

• 08-03-2006 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I've been having a load of trouble with my esat bt broadband. Speed is crap in the evenings (especially after 2300). The broadband modem needs restarting every day cos it stops forwarding dns lookups. Got onto esat bt to get the modem replaced on sunday, the guy I spoke to said no problem and he'd ring me on monday.

Monday came and went, as did tuesday.....
    so this evening I rang esat tech support again and was told that there was no record of my call on sunday!!! ...I mean like, come on, are they joking :confused: ...
    I asked if he was going to replace the modem he said no, there is nothing wrong with my modem and they wouldn't be replacing it. I nearly killed him over the phone :mad:

I'm getting rid of Esat as soon as possible. Their tech support, accounts dept. & customer care are atrocious.

Cancelling the direct debit with the bank tomorrow morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

exactiv wrote:
    Cancelling the direct debit with the bank tomorrow morning.

Honestly, I wouldnt recommend doing that!

Your modem needs restarting almost everyday????
    Too much torrents/P2P will do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

exactiv wrote:
    I'm getting rid of Esat as soon as possible. Their tech support, accounts dept. & customer care are atrocious.
    Agreed... I'm not paying 40+ euro a month to be ignored/screwed-around when I want a problem resolved.
    They obviously don't want my business.
    zuma wrote:
    Honestly, I wouldnt recommend doing that!
    Why not?
    They've got a good track record for billing people after they've already cancelled.
    I'd think of doing this myself aswell, just as a precautionary measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

I don't use bit torrent at home much, if ever.

Esat's billing department are unbelievably incompetent. I wouldn't put it past them to keep charging me for the rest of the year.

I just tried to speak to someone in their customer care dept. but they won't discuss the account with me because the account is in my girfriends name. The person I was speaking to quoted the data protection act at me. I just hung up. I've no patience for this kind of bureaucratic bull****. It seems that everytime I try to get the problem sorted the person I speak to has their "hands tied" by some imaginary red tape.

I've got a broadband modem from an old eircom installation a few years ago. I'm gonna manually config that and see if it fixes the problem. If not it's bye bye esat and a letter to comreg & dept. of consumer affairs. I know nothing will come of it, but at least it'll be on record somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

I had the same problems as exactiv "Speed is crap in the evenings (especially after 2300). The broadband modem needs restarting every day cos it stops forwarding dns lookups" just after my upgrade.

Modem and line seems to be behaving now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

Did you do anything to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

exactiv wrote:

Couldnt agree more about their billing and customer service !!

Their customer complaints are even worse ... imagine that -- the mind boggles :eek:

I've never had the pleasure of ringing bT's tech support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

exactiv wrote:
    I just tried to speak to someone in their customer care dept. but they won't discuss the account with me because the account is in my girfriends name. The person I was speaking to quoted the data protection act at me. I just hung up. I've no patience for this kind of bureaucratic bull****. It seems that everytime I try to get the problem sorted the person I speak to has their "hands tied" by some imaginary red tape.

In fairness they were quite correct. The DPA is there for a reason and it must be observed. It's the law and it's there to protect everyones private information.

But I know how bad their billing can be from the old days of surf no-limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

No it just seemed to "settle down" a couple of weeks after the upgrade, no problems with DNS, torrents e.t.c anymore.

Advertisement