Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows MFC question

Options
  • 08-03-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I have written an application in Visual Studio that does the following:

1) Allows the user to open a text file containing hex data and display it in a window.
    2) The user can open a dialog box to decode bit fields within the hex data and edit them.
    3) When the dialog box closes, the hex data is updated to reflect any edits made.
    4) The user can save the file using standard 'save' or 'save as' menu options.

I need to add an 'Export' function to the file menu which should allow the user to select an existing file or open a new file. The application would then encode the data from the original file in the alternate format and write the data to the new file.

All the file open/save/save as stuff came for free from the wizard up to now, so I haven't had any visibility into how it operates. Can anyone direct me where I should look or even better, give me some details on how I need to proceed to implement it.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement