Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Overclocked Sapphire X800GT

Options
  • 08-03-2006 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd run something by you guys. I have the following X800GT:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/products/graphics_specifications.php?gpid=125

I have the 256MB version. It has a core speed of 475 and a memory clock of 980. Playing around with ATI Tool, I seem to have gotten this up to 581 and 1100. My question is, do you guys think this is real overclock in so far as, I didn't think it would overclock that much and remaiin stable. I've run it through 3D Mark 03 and it runs fine and there seems to be no artifacts.

Is there anything I can do to see if it's really running at these speeds without any problems?

I know the water cooling is probably helping, but I didn't think that much. It's an 8 pipeline card and from what I've read on the net there doesn't seem to be anyway of unlocking this to 12 pipelines. Does anyone know anything different?

Regards,
    Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Use the artifact check in ATITool. If that doesn't get your card running scorching hot and artifacting i don't know what will.

Or else RTHDRIBL. That nukes cards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I ran it for 40 minutes and got no errors. Would I be right in thinking that I've gotten too much of an overclock from the card? It looks like I can push it somemore still.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

eo980 wrote:
    Hmnn I ran it for 40 minutes and got no errors. Would I be right in thinking that I've gotten too much of an overclock from the card? It looks like I can push it somemore still.

nah x800's can overclock brilliantly
    All depends on the card you get, keep pushing it until you start seeing artifacts and then drop it down a small bit
    what cooling are you using with it? is it watercooling on the card? if so you should be able to get a very good overclock from it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Cool, that's great news so. I'll keep going at it. I'm using a Zalman Reserator with it, so yeah no doubt that's helping a good deal. Has anyone seen any articles about unlocking it to 12 pipes? I don't think it's been done on these cards, but I may be wrong.

Advertisement