Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiller Condensation.

Options
  • 09-03-2006 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Just got me hands on a chiller to cool me CPU and Graphics card i got some insulation for the tubing but i need some neopropene and dielectric grease for around the socket. Can any one recommend anywher to pick these up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I just recieved a load of watercooling from HERE. They would seem to have what you need.

Quick and painless delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kittenz

Thanks for the link to that site man, but i can't seem to find what i am looking for on it they have a good bit of stuf tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

The above post was by me forgot to log kittenz out.

What kind of chiller you got? And what type of CPU are you planning on using it with?

The previous link has both the dielectric grease (called Heat Conduction Compound on the site) plus the neoprene shims sold as a kit for the various socket types...all made by Vapochill if you have one of their units.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

hopeful wrote:

The previous link has both the dielectric grease (called Heat Conduction Compound on the site)

is that not just thermal compound , as dielectric grease is non conductive afaik

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    is that not just thermal compound , as dielectric grease is non conductive afaik

The description on the Asetek site is vague. Had a read through the forums and found a link...its a site I've used without probs.

Coolercases.co.uk

The dielectric grease is at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the replys. I am using a beer cooler which i think has a 1/3hp compressor in it. I am cooling an Opteron 144 which i bought a couple of months back. On water it does about 2.75GHz with about 1.612volts more voltage doesnt help that much as it takes nearly 1.7V to get to 2.8GHz. Temps were 44C load on water and with the chiller setup were 20C. Could get lower temps with the chiller by modding it and removing the thermostat as the chiller cuts of at about -5C. Not sure if i want to as i might want to cool beer with it aswell.

I have to see a picture of this setup :D

Thats one 'cool' ghetto rig :D Keep up the good work.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I like it! good to see some xtremesystems style stuff on boards.

Advertisement