Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Problem...<broadband newbie>

• 09-03-2006 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Ok, so i ordered eircom home plus, and got the package today.I was an existing dial up customer. Installed everything but the DSL Sync button on my Netopia modem just wont come on. I've tried connecting the purple dsl cable many different ways, I've troubleshooted to no luck etc. any one have any more ideas what might be wrong before I ring customer care tomorrow? I've seen something about my line maybe not be 'jumpered' yet. Could this be the problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It will take a few days after the package arrives before your account on the exchange is set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

As Aidan said, the line isn't setup in the exchange yet. Give it a couple of days, leave everything setup and connected and when the DSL light comes on you should be good to go.
    Their logistics dept seem to be working faster than the engineers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Will do, thanks guys ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

They sent you modem before your line was active? I had wait until my line was activated before UTV sent out the modem. My line was 3 days broadband enabled without being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Yep they did. Got up this morning and it was working though, so happy days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement