Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net1 fooking people around!

Options
  • 09-03-2006 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

:mad:
    Im in the unfortunate procedure of trying to get Net1 wireless broadband installed. I had a desperate job trying to get them out to do a line of sight because of them not answering fones, etc. In the end they done the line of sight when no1 was home so i take thier "word" that they actually did test it.

I foned them then to see about the installation after they sent me a letter to say my house had passed the line of sight, and was told it`d take 2-3weeks. 2months later im still fookin waiting. :mad: Half the time no1 answers the fone and the other half when some1 does answer they cant tell me anything so put me on hold and they try to contact the "lads" engineers, and low and behold they cant contact them.

Anyway i rang again this week to tell them to just cancel it and they asked me to wait 48hrs, as they`ll be sending an email to all pending orders within 48hrs with a "deadline" of when it`ll be installed. Probably another month.

I sent i na cheque of E300 2months ago which is the installation fee and they never once rang me to let me know what was going on despite taking the cash. Anyone else experiencing this kind of crap?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Nuttzy wrote:
    :mad:
    Im in the unfortunate procedure of trying to get Net1 wireless broadband installed. I had a desperate job trying to get them out to do a line of sight because of them not answering fones, etc. In the end they done the line of sight when no1 was home so i take thier "word" that they actually did test it.

I foned them then to see about the installation after they sent me a letter to say my house had passed the line of sight, and was told it`d take 2-3weeks. 2months later im still fookin waiting. :mad: Half the time no1 answers the fone and the other half when some1 does answer they cant tell me anything so put me on hold and they try to contact the "lads" engineers, and low and behold they cant contact them.

Anyway i rang again this week to tell them to just cancel it and they asked me to wait 48hrs, as they`ll be sending an email to all pending orders within 48hrs with a "deadline" of when it`ll be installed. Probably another month.

I sent i na cheque of E300 2months ago which is the installation fee and they never once rang me to let me know what was going on despite taking the cash. Anyone else experiencing this kind of crap?

Friends of mine in the Louth area got it recently and once installed they are quite pleased with it - however the customer service they got was appalling prior to installation.

If I was you I would email them and tell them to get back in contact with you within 24 hours and give you a definite date for installation or you want an immediate refund.

I would mention that you intend reporting them to Comreg and that you will be emailing the Joe Duffy show (for example!) warning people about your bad experience. You could also mention the small claims court given that they have 300 euros of your hard earned cash and you in return have nothing except stress........... the consumers assocation of Ireland has also begun to concern themselves with isps who mess customers about and you could also mention this in your email.

http://oasis.gov.ie/justice/small_claims_court/small_claims_court.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I presume you know about this place already, but:

www.net1.org.uk

A few unhappy bunnys floating around there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

Has your cheque been cashed ? - Please advise this as a matter of urgency - it ABSOLUTELY should not have been, not until after your installation
    support@net1.ie

Thank You

Net1 wrote:
    Has your cheque been cashed ? - Please advise this as a matter of urgency - it ABSOLUTELY should not have been, not until after your installation
    support@net1.ie

Thank You

What is the point in asking someone to email (as a matter of urgency:rolleyes: when Net1 appear to have no idea what this word even means) when the support has been so apalling to date and there is no mention or apology in your post for this?????

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

The reason for this is so that we have a log of your problem. All emails sent to support are dealt with in a timely manner.

• Advertisement

Net1 wrote:
    The reason for this is so that we have a log of your problem. All emails sent to support are dealt with in a timely manner.

In view of the scenario laid out by the original poster perhaps you could give the definition of Net1's view of 'timely manner' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Ok, the cheque hasnt being cashed, i wasnt sure.

Anyways, i got the email from ye saying it will take 4-6weeks from the date the email was sent. So its going to take 4-6weeks on top of the 6weeks ive already being waiting. I was told 2-3weeks when i was signing up. Seems like ye tell every potential new customer it`ll be 2-3weeks for instalation.

that email ye sent me saying it`ll be another 4-6 weeks also suggested i email a support email address ye gave me in that mail to see where about I am in the queue. Im still waiting on a reply to that mail i sent 2weeks ago. Surely this is taking the piss. I cant understand why ye cant just be honest with the people, if ye had of just told me at the start or on my numerous unreturned calls that it`ll take 2month then so be it, but all this bull**** is seriously annoying. Between not answering fones,,,, taking my details when i do get through and promising someone will ring me back, which never happens, and now not replying to emails that YE asked me to send?

God help any small business thats waiting on an installation from Net1 is all i can say. Ye do cry the small business card enough yourselves, what about the small businesses that are waiting on your installations and are constantly fobbed off with it`ll be 2-3 weeks lies. Cause thats what all that is, LIES.

Do ye think people have nothing more to do than constantly chase ye for answers, well, i havent the time or patience at this stage to be pulling answers out of ye dopes and am cancelling my order. All this could have been avoided if ye would just be honest and not fobbing me off with bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

I have been waiting since the end of January for my installation. Its very fustrating sending text messages and PM's and not getting a response. The customer service is one of the worst in the country. I cant comment on anything else as thats as far as I have got !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

@ Nuttzy: If you want to cancel then just cancel the cheque and tell them you have done so for non provision of service that way if they try to cash it the bank will have to refund you.

Net 1 just installed my Wireless Broadband today and its FANTASTIC !!:) :)

• Advertisement

How long did it take though?
    What area are you in? What they charge you for installation. Cheers

I dont want to disclose my location. I was waiting a while but the company is flat out. I sent the contract off at the end of January. Well I guess when you have been waiting years for broadband in your area a few months isnt a lot.

The installation is expensive compared to other companies who do it for free...but the speeds you get are really impressive. I would defintely recommend Net1 but I think they could defintely do with some more staff on their company.

Maskhadov wrote:
    I dont want to disclose my location. I was waiting a while but the company is flat out. I sent the contract off at the end of January. Well I guess when you have been waiting years for broadband in your area a few months isnt a lot.

The installation is expensive compared to other companies who do it for free...but the speeds you get are really impressive. I would defintely recommend Net1 but I think they could defintely do with some more staff on their company.

Apart from more staff they badly need to improve their communications system and dare I say it their approach to honesty with customers!!!!!!

I write not as a customer but as a friend of a customer (who is very pleased with the service by the way) and as a reader of this thread.

It is obvious from the thread that Net1 have loads of work on hands and if that is the case they should tell postential customers what to expect. most people prefer the truth and if it is to be six weeks well then for God's sake tell people that. stating that its only three weeks and then letting it drag on p*****s people off big time and in fact generates extra enquiries etc etc and gets the relationship off to a very bad start as well as damaging the reputation of the company.

IM STILL WAITING ON THIS TO BE INSTALLED IF ANYONE HAS BEING FOLLOWING THIS FARCE. UNFOOKING REAL! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 3months,2weeks later after i applied im still waiting with still no definite date or week at least. :mad: Could only be Ireland. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That is a joke tbh. I hope someone will sort you out with a date at least.

Can you get in contact with anyone high up?

Btw they have offices in Dundalk and Drogheda. Could you pay them a visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Wow, thought i was the only one.
    You are better off moving house if you want broadband.

Famous Net1 Quote:

''Couple of weeks''

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tell_Ya_Later

I have been with NET1 for a while now, I agree with a lot of posts on these boards and many other boards that thier service is the worst anyone could ever expect from a company, the only reason why they have the few customers they have is because they hold the monopoly which is changing rapidly thankfully.
    If you have a choice, any choice, I suggest you don't go this company, the most unprofessional, uncaring, unwilling company I have ever known.
    I cannot depend on the service, oneday it might be fine, the next day it is down, slow or both. Try calling them? a joke! they have no real support number, the only support number they have is a 1560 number where you pay 1.25 a minute, you get to an answering machine each time meaning you have already spend 1.25 for nothing! All this while I am already paying them for a service they can't provide.
    Another method to contact them is an SMS number on a machine, try getting a response from that? HA! joke.
    I am currently on 32kb download, yes that's tight 32kb, I am supposed to be on 512, yes I know 512 is slow, I tried to upgrade but they either ignore my calls, igonre my emails or just can't provide it.
    They came out eventualy to install the ariel on my roof and ended up, I found out later when my attic was full of water, they broke a tile and didn't even tell me.
    I have already called DigiWeb who are setting up my 4MB Broadband in 5 days.

Now all I need to do is get in touch with NET1 to get them to cancel my subscription, God only knows how I am going to manage that!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

God I was seriously thinking of signing up with this crowd but after you post im having second thoughts.

You say they have the monopoly on the area but this is rapily changing, are you in Louth and if so whats changing??? Are there any new companies around???

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tell_Ya_Later

Dellas wrote:
    God I was seriously thinking of signing up with this crowd but after you post im having second thoughts.

You say they have the monopoly on the area but this is rapily changing, are you in Louth and if so whats changing??? Are there any new companies around???
    I can't give my location. But I can say is DigiWeb are doing very well in Louth just now, very good offers and excellent customer services. Alternatively go to www.broadband.gov.ie which have an interactive map where you can see what providers are available for your area.

I and a few of my neighbours tried Digiweb but we are not covered. I wish they would upgrade the masts in Louth to include alot more areas which is badly needed. I and a few of my neighbours have emailed Digiweb on many occassions but they never reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

the only reason why they have the few customers they have is because they hold the monopoly
    I have already called DigiWeb who are setting up my 4MB Broadband in 5 days.
    Can you explain how you can get DigiWeb if Net1 "holds the monopoly"?

(Here's a hint - just because they are the only company serving an area doesn't mean they hold a monopoly. It just means that, until now, nobody else could afford to serve that area, because they decided that they'd get a better return on their limited resources somewhere else).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

net 1 suck.been ringing once a 2 weeks since start o july for line test,they always say within a few days and they ask for my address,but 2 weeks will go by and no test.i ring back,ask why they didnt come out,they say they dont have my details and their busy.then the cycle repeats itself...........

net 1 suck.been ringing once a 2 weeks since start o july for line test,they always say within a few days and they ask for my address,but 2 weeks will go by and no test.i ring back,ask why they didnt come out,they say they dont have my details and their busy.then the cycle repeats itself...........

PVT me for a email address if you want .

Advertisement