Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda 5-a-side Soccer facilities

Options
  • 09-03-2006 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I am looking for 5 a-side soccer facilities in the drogheda area, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Indoor or outdoor? Gormanston College for indoor IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭brendan_donegal

Both I'm not bothered, just need somewhere for a group of 8-12 people to play once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

I am looking for 5 a-side soccer facilities in the drogheda area, any suggestions?

There's a couple of Astro turf floodlight pitches off the Termofeckin Road, think it's 2 turn right after Termon Abbey, signposted for Baltray if I remember correctly

Also JJB sports in Dundalk have a large number of 5 a side pitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Theres a astro pitch in Termonfeckin, take the newfoundwell road and keep going, go right of the second crossroad. Its easy to find.

Theres another one in monsterboice. take the north road and i think its the left of the restaurant Duignans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

^^^Above is right,but the pub/restaurant is called Donegans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah thats albions pitch

if you have the capabilities, id head to jjb in dundalk, only about 30 minutes on the motorway and they are class pitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭brendan_donegal

No they reckon that the dundalk jjb is too far away, some of them have no way to get there, so there is none in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

No they reckon that the dundalk jjb is too far away, some of them have no way to get there, so there is none in the town?

Did you try Greenhills school. I know someone who plays there. Not sure who you contact regarding the gym though. Try here for a start maybe? http://www.edunet.ie/ourladys/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Greenshills isnt a astro pitch though.

Sorry brendan but theres none in the town apart from drogheda boys pitch but i dont think they rent it out. Its F**king **** this town. me and my mates have to play in a bloody carpark in the middle of the town!! like its fecking terrible this town.

Event ud know u wer a drog with the word class, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

There is the MDL pitches in Navan!!! On the trim road... €40 for the hour, quite good value for money, esp versus JJB. But its probably too far for you.

I also play at JJB, think the pitches in there are quite dodgy, i know loads of fellas who've done in their ankles and knees, including myself! But the facilities at JJB are good! plus if you forget socks/shin pads you can just go upstairs and buy them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Squaddy wrote:
    Greenshills isnt a astro pitch though.

Sorry brendan but theres none in the town apart from drogheda boys pitch but i dont think they rent it out. Its F**king **** this town. me and my mates have to play in a bloody carpark in the middle of the town!! like its fecking terrible this town.

Event ud know u wer a drog with the word class, lol.

i aint a drog though

ive played in a lot of astroturf pitches

JJB, albion, philipstown, termonfeckin, out by ardee and for me JJB is the best of the lot

only about 30 minutes on the M1

Advertisement