Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MySql on debian refuses to accept external connections

• 09-03-2006 1:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

No matter how i try i cant connect to my MySQL database over my local LAN, it doesnt even seem to get to user authentication, just wont connect. i've set up users and hosts in the mysql.users table using the % host wildcard.

i can connect locally no problem.

Anyone know what i could be doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I have a vague recollection of MySQL on Debian defaulting to binding only on 127.0.0.1.. so have a look at your bind-address in /etc/mysql/my.cnf .. or do a netstat to see what addresses are listening on 3306. Assuming it's not a firewall issue!

.cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Heres my my.cnf, your right, the bind address was localhost, should have copped that!

Thanks a mil

Advertisement