Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can someone please explain this to me?

• 09-03-2006 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

If n = 15 and p = .4, what is the standard deviation of the binomial distribution???

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

[EDIT]Answer removed, appears like poster is just looking for answers to homework or something[/EDIT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

stonecat6 wrote:
    Can someone explain this to me?

The standard deviation is the square root of the variance.

The variance is a measure of dispersion got by taking the mean of the squared deviations of the observed values from their mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stonecat6

I do have homework for Business Statistics, & I have an upcoming test as well. I am not good in math, but I need to take electives to finish my degree; ergo I seek help from those who are good in math.

I am thankful for slow coach in taking time to help me - and truly taken aback by the moderator... Perhap when he is rushed in my ER one day asking for some relief from pain I can prescribe tylenol, since I do not think that he truly needs any help.

Be mindful of what you say & do, not everyone is like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Be taken aback all you like, you asked 2 very specific questions in 2 days looking for solutions, that reeks of some child in school/college getting his homework done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

stonecat6 wrote:
    I do have homework for Business Statistics, & I have an upcoming test as well. I am not good in math, but I need to take electives to finish my degree; ergo I seek help from those who are good in math.

I am thankful for slow coach in taking time to help me - and truly taken aback by the moderator... Perhap when he is rushed in my ER one day asking for some relief from pain I can prescribe tylenol, since I do not think that he truly needs any help.

Be mindful of what you say & do, not everyone is like you.

When I gave the answers I did I didn't know it was for your homework. The key word in that sentence is "your". Ask your departmental head. You are supposed to do the work. Getting the answers from anyone else is cheating. By the way, you didn't ask for help, you asked for answers. The first answer I gave you was just that, an answer, the second, however facetious on my part, was "help".

The moderator was correct. If you don't believe me then ask your Professor, lecturer or tutor.

Finally, if you think it's ok to ask for answers, then why not ask your Professor, lecturer or tutor?

Finally, finally, if you are not good at Maths, why are you doing Business Statistics. Asking for answers is not going to help you learn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement