Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Offers

• 09-03-2006 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Just interested to get some comments about the BT broadband offers.

I currently use Eircom and have had no problems, apart from occasional slowness, for a year! I have some comedians from a competitor who called to the door asking me to change over to them and I sent them packing as I wanted to retain my existing phone number.

I lived abroad and there were several providers, all claiming great benefits but taking into account "free modems", free trial periods of two or three months etc it seemed to ther were no great advantage between one or another!

Any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

take a look at this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Very helpful.:mad:

Which thread might that be?

I asked for comments on the BT broadband offer and am quite aware that there may be threads dedicated to this sort of query. Rather than trawl through masses of idiotic commentary on old threads I think I might get a direct one here to my specific demand.

Heinrich wrote:
    Very helpful.:mad:

Which thread might that be?

I asked for comments on the BT broadband offer and am quite aware that there may be threads dedicated to this sort of query. Rather than trawl through masses of idiotic commentary on old threads I think I might get a direct one here to my specific demand.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054899473&page=2

sorry about that bit early for me:eek:

this is a short one started on Tuesday. was just trying to help.... no need to get so uptight :p

mayotom wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054899473&page=2

sorry about that bit early for me:eek:

this is a short one started on Tuesday. was just trying to help.... no need to get so uptight :p

Not uptight but I thought you were trying to be funny.

The reason I was asking is that my friend had a dialup/dropping connection and stubbornly rtefuses to get broadband. He studies the *ahem* market to try and get a cheap provider. Yesterday he told me he was lookin at BT and saw a deal for €20 per month.

Would this be worth looking into?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

yes

• Advertisement

Heinrich wrote:
    Not uptight but I thought you were trying to be funny.

The reason I was asking is that my friend had a dialup/dropping connection and stubbornly rtefuses to get broadband. He studies the *ahem* market to try and get a cheap provider. Yesterday he told me he was lookin at BT and saw a deal for €20 per month.

Would this be worth looking into?

Can't speak for BT's BB, but have had issues with their phone service in the past. there customer service is virtually non existant.
    Using Cinergi Broadband at the moment, find it great. €15.99 always on or €9.99 for twenty hours per month.

personally I wouldn't go near BT even if there broadband was the best on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I think in general they seem to be about a tenner cheaper for each broadband package. More if you go with them for line rental too.

I have the €20 BT broadband. Have had it about a month or so. So far no problems. Instalation was a breeze & no downtime noticed so far. Speeds seem up to scratch. So the service itself seems fine, however Ive yet to have any dealings with their dreaded billing dept yet. Any other questions just ask.

Which package did you go for?

My friends would like to Skype so I'm wondering if the cheap one will do the trick.

Thanks

Advertisement