Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Cup, Last 16, first leg (scores)

• 09-03-2006 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday, 09 March 2006

Basle v Strasbourg, 19:15

Lille v Sevilla, 18:00

Marseille v Zenit St Petersburg, 19:45

Middlesbrough v Roma, 20:00 (Live on Setanta)

Palermo v Schalke 04, 17:00

Rapid Bucuresti v Hamburg, 15:00

Steaua Bucuresti v Real Betis, 17:00

Udinese v Levski Sofia, 19:45

Middlesbrough may have Stewart Downing back after the winger missed their last two games with a knee injury.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink returns following illness, Ray Parlour (ankle) is fit but Stewart Parnaby is out.

Roma are without Italy striker Vincenzo Montella after he hurt his back before Sunday's draw with Inter Milan.

Francesco Totti is out with a serious ankle injury, Daniele De Rossi is suspended and Shabani Nonda (knee) and Doni Marangon (shoulder) are doubtful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

The Boro game is on ITV 4 tonight isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I think it is yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Big Nelly wrote:
    The Boro game is on ITV 4 tonight isnt it?

It's on at 7.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

cant see middlesbrough beating Roma tbh. they have won their last 12 games on the trot which is an italian league record. yea I know Totti got injured in the 11th game and he is a major part of the team but i still think they are a good side. better than middlesbrough who are way too unpredictable.

Roma or Real betis to win the Uefa me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Rapid Bucharest beat hamburg 2-0

Palmero are currently 1-0 against Schalke 04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Middlesbro doing the business atm!

1-0 up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jammest peno ever! Well taken by Yakubu though.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

FT 1-0 for Middlesbrough

nice to see loads of empty seats :(

A bit like this thread.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Mossy Monk wrote:
    FT 1-0 for Middlesbrough

nice to see loads of empty seats :(

great to see boro winning,and its a crying shame they cant fill a stadium,i think even if they reach the final,they wont sell their allocation,sad:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I can see Roma hockeying them 3 or 4 nil back in Rome though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The UEFA Cup has just gone seriously downhill in recent seasons, it just doesnt get the same attention that it used to and this is reflected in the poor crowds at games. I think a bit of a rethink is needed.

The group stages kill it, they are too big.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

mike65 wrote:
    The group stages kill it, they are too big.

Mike.

Its the lack of incentive to win it really. Maybe the winner should get a champions league place. Although, chances are most of the winners qualify for the champions anyway.

Its the lack of promotion aswell. Only Setanta show any coverage. Considering BBC dont show any footie i am am amzed they didnt go for the rights.

Only other way is to cut the number of teams in the champions league, but theres no chance of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In england empty seats are mianly over prices for tickets, if fans got in half price or something they would get more. When the CL losers stop going into it , it should pick up.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Its the lack of promotion aswell. Only Setanta show any coverage. Considering BBC dont show any footie i am am amzed they did go for the rights.

I watched the 'Boro game on ITV4..... I wasn't even aware ITV4 existed until tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it is handy for the extra CL match on the tuesdays and best of all it is free :)

Advertisement