Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bret Hart to interfere in the Shawn/Vince match?

• 09-03-2006 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

I've no doubt that alot of people buying the ppv in the US think that Bret will show up and interfere in the Shawn/Vince match. And I've seen a few people on other threads say the same thing. So heres a poll. I would bet anything he won't.

He may show up and say goodbye but to make an angle out of somthing that he felt so strongly about is not somthing I see him doing.

Will Bret interfere in the Shawn/Vince match? 7 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think he'll appear on the show with the inductees but I don't think he'll interfere in the match. Austin on the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I think he'll appear on the show with the inductees but I don't think he'll interfere in the match. Austin on the other hand...
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No way will Bret be interfering, and if he does, all it will do is re-inforce the conspiracy theory that Montreal was in fact a work.
    Austin on the other hand...

Nice thought, but why would he? He has never been 'on good terms' with HBK, and we all know his history with Vince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

not a chance he'll show, lik eyou pointed out before his stance in that documentary is very clear and thats only last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No i cant see it happening at all , sure where could they go with the story then? bret is never going to wrestle again even as much as a lot of us want to see him again myself included.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Nice thought, but why would he? He has never been 'on good terms' with HBK, and we all know his history with Vince.

Well he was on good terms the last time the two were around each other at Survivor Series when HBK was bleeding profusely and Austin lost to Bischoff's team and thus lost his job.

I don't think he'll try and help Michaels but I would expect Shane and Vince to gang up on HBK and let's face it, who better to even the odds and sort out Vince than Austin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bret has said that he would never be able to face a packed house full of wrestling fans after his stroke, because he finds it much harder to handle. I'd say him coming out with the other inductees at WM might be a long shot, although there'll be a lot of boos if he doesn't

No chance of him getting involved with anything, at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

well if he does actively get involved or not is something but if not I think the following will happen

HBK is in control of the match and Vince is bleeding profusely.HBK starts tuning up the band for sweet chin music.then all of a sudden bret harts music plays and hbk turns to look down the aisle.Vince then sneaks a schollboy and gets the pin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well he was on good terms the last time the two were around each other at Survivor Series when HBK was bleeding profusely and Austin lost to Bischoff's team and thus lost his job.

If I remember correctly it was one of these situations where "I dont like you and you dont like me, but Ill go on your team for the gretaer good" angles, where Bischoff was the evil GM. Anyway, Austin will not be interfering in that match, no way no how. Ill happily eat my words if wrong though.
    HBK is in control of the match and Vince is bleeding profusely.HBK starts tuning up the band for sweet chin music.then all of a sudden bret harts music plays and hbk turns to look down the aisle.Vince then sneaks a schollboy and gets the pin.

Thats a possibility, but I really cannot see HBK losing yet another match at Wrestlemania. He is WMs biggest ever loser, and Im pretty sure he doesnt want to cement such a dodgy accolade by adding to his streak.

gimmick wrote:
    If I remember correctly it was one of these situations where "I dont like you and you dont like me, but Ill go on your team for the gretaer good" angles, where Bischoff was the evil GM. Anyway, Austin will not be interfering in that match, no way no how. Ill happily eat my words if wrong though.

Yes but if you remember the ending, Austin shook his hand as if to say, "well you did your best". He didn't even stunner him at the end because Michaels had been, as JR would say, "bleeding like a stuffed pig".

Someone's interfering in that match in my view and the smart money's on Austin.

Believe it, baby! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

there's always the possibility of jannetty, his statemnt did say that he was working with his parole officer to be allowed to travel to chicago and that wwe were behind him if he could get over the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Dave Meltzer was on figure four yesterday, he said that obviously he's got stories wrong in the past but he's 100% sure on how he reported Jannety's case. Seemily Marty is in a pretty bad way with his alcohol problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

gimmick wrote:
    No way will Bret be interfering, and if he does, all it will do is re-inforce the conspiracy theory that Montreal was in fact a work.

We'll finallly get a pay off from the biggest work in wrestling!

You never know , up untill a couple of weeks ago he wasnt doing HOF . I wouldnt be suprised if he did make an appearence. Vince Mcmahon will make it worth his while.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Austin make an appearance, although he says in his interview on WWE.com that he's going to Australia for April and May to make a film, so he won't be around for long after WM either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Cant see bret getting involved at all, although i do think he'll appear with all hte other inductees at WM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

You never know , up untill a couple of weeks ago he wasnt doing HOF . I wouldnt be suprised if he did make an appearence. Vince Mcmahon will make it worth his while.

Bret is n't being paid to appear at the Hall of Fame at his request. He's also an extremely wealthy guy and to make a quick buck on somthing that he felt very deeply about is again somthing I can't see him doing.
    So maybe he could walk out on stage and say goodbye. But I can in no way see him getting involved in the Shawn/Vince match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

austin will not interfere in the match and here is why:
    JBL called him out on smackdown, so it's looking like austin vs JBL for wrestlemania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he never called Austin out

and JBL faces benoit at WM no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

the answer to that question: yes was annouced last week

• Advertisement

Seeing as Austin will be appearing at Saturday Night's Main Event it's looking even more likely that he'll be involved at WM22, especially since he's inducting Bret the night before.

I'm telling yis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Mossy Monk wrote:
    he never called Austin out

and JBL faces benoit at WM no?
    he kind of did, in a roundabout sort of way.
    as for the other part, my memory isn't what it used to be. i had forgotten about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

julep wrote:
    he kind of did, in a roundabout sort of way.
    as for the other part, my memory isn't what it used to be. i had forgotten about that.

:lol: i didnt even realise it was for the U.S title.... my some one is coming down from his pedistal. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

is bret hart not dead??!

No.... He's lucky not to be though. His brother Owen died nearly 7 years ago, but Bret's alive and well now

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

Fozzy wrote:
    No.... He's lucky not to be though. His brother Owen died nearly 7 years ago, but Bret's alive and well now

oki doki sorry got owen and bret mixed up!

Advertisement