Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw golf v-service

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

flanzer wrote:
    Sorry folks, I also forgot to mention my MK V Golf had to go back and have it's steering rack replaced! I noticed after a few months driving it, that the steering was 'creeking' when parking or moving away from a stationary position while turning.

When it went back I had a word with the mechanic on the QT, and he said that a lot were coming back, in particular the GTIs! So if you notice any noices from from steering, get onto VW!

I've a feeling they're gonna be busy over the next few months :p

Mine is being replaced only today! GTI too..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

flanzer wrote:
    I've just rang McAllister's on this problem and they know nothing about it! (Didn't surprise me to be honest) They also told me that any adjustments/realignments that need to be made are only covered by a 6 month warranty. Surely this is a manufacturer defect and is covered under the 2 year warranty!? Anyone ring the VW helpline?
    McAllisters are full of sh1te!!!!!! I hate that crap that dealers come up with just to get rid of you. Go back and DEMAND that it be rectified as you have a 2 year warranty - if they dispute this then ask them to show you this in writing - they will not be able to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

my warranty finishes in 07 ,i donot have time to go to them now about the air coming through the door but i will go in end of may.but if anyone has the same problem and have went to the garage or will be going to the garage please post back and tell me how you got on.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

The rubber door seals on the MkV are giving alot of trouble. Don't mind McAllisters, i work in a main VW dealer and we do one every week or so.
    As for the price of a service €250 is about the norm we'd charge for 1st service.

$Leon$ wrote:
    The rubber door seals on the MkV are giving alot of trouble. Don't mind McAllisters, i work in a main VW dealer and we do one every week or so.
    As for the price of a service €250 is about the norm we'd charge for 1st service.

thanks alot i will pm you now for more info.thanks

• Advertisement

$Leon$ wrote:
    what garage do you work in?

Guys very happy today.leon recommended bradys in castleknock and they are really good.i drove from cabinteely to castleknock rented a car from enterprise car rental and left my car in bradys and went back to collect it just now.

so it cost TOTAL 380.thats including
    145 for labour
    38 for car rental
    10 petrol for rental car
    brake pads
    brake oil
    clutch oil
    oil filter
    and more (cannot remember what else)
    and of course vat:confused:
    and also good enough customer service.

so was happy with leons recommendation and also might by next car from them.;)

Advertisement