Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless broadband in Liberties/The Coombe?

• 09-03-2006 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I live on Cork street, Dublin 8, and I'm thinking of getting the IBB Breeze 2MB product for the appartment, has anyone had any experience with this product in the area?

My experience of IBB ij the past has been terrible, but it seems to be the only option for fast wireless broadband where I live, NTL aren't in the area yet and I haven't got a phone line...............

Unless anyone knows of any alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

try clearwire. Depends on what you want to use it for. If you arent going to use p2p it'll be fine. contact alan.ryan@clearwire and tell him you were referred off boards. He'll get out to you within a efw days Id imagine

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

antodeco wrote:
    try clearwire. Depends on what you want to use it for. If you arent going to use p2p it'll be fine. contact alan.ryan@clearwire and tell him you were referred off boards. He'll get out to you within a efw days Id imagine

You should read the long clearwire thread on boards before making any hasty decisions and also beware of their appalling terms and condtions which they have just hiked over from the USA - in particular refer to their termination clause which requires 60 days notice yes thats 60! otherwise you are automatically renewed for a further 12 months - others isps have a rolling months contract once the initial term has been completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

j_cal wrote:
    Hi, I live on Cork street, Dublin 8, and I'm thinking of getting the IBB Breeze 2MB product for the appartment, has anyone had any experience with this product in the area?

My experience of IBB ij the past has been terrible, but it seems to be the only option for fast wireless broadband where I live, NTL aren't in the area yet and I haven't got a phone line...............

Unless anyone knows of any alternatives?

If the place already has a deactivated phone line, you can get it reconnected for free or close to it. Then you get BT's ADSL. Wireless broadband is best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 j_cal

Nah its a new building , and gettting a phone line in is about 150 quid with a 4 week wait...

Advertisement