Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Was I Ripped Off?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Alun wrote:
    Oh, I see, you mean those invisible [sarcasm] tags that you didn't actually put in? Or are we all supposed to be psychic or something?
    I told ya, you have to enable them in your web browser.
    Alun wrote:
    Anyway, judging by the deplorable state of a lot of older cars here in Ireland, I had no reason to suspect you weren't being anything but 100% serious.
    What decade are you in then?
    Have you heard of the good old NCT?
    Now you have to clean the car every 2 years whether it needs it or not.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Gurgle wrote:
    Have you heard of the good old NCT?
    Now you have to clean the car every 2 years whether it needs it or not.
    So thats why i failed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The last time I replaced my front wiper blades it was 5 euro for the pair and the guy fitted them for free (took less than a minute). Of course you were ripped off. Was it a main dealer? They love to bill for labour in chunks. So if it's x per hour they'll charge x/3 for 20 minutes or any part thereof.

Never, EVER go to a main dealer for anything. I feel like going on a rant but my break's almost over. BBL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Don't know why you did not chance that job yourself Cormie.
    I just take off the old wiper blades and go to my local motor factor shop - get new ones that match and then fit them myself.

The glue on the window could have been taken off with a sharp scraper and a cloth doused with white spirits - would have save yourself a tenner if not more.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sounds like a lot of effort to save ten euro.

Keep worrying about the pennies and you won't have enough time to make the euros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

The last time I replaced my front wiper blades it was 5 euro for the pair and the guy fitted them for free (took less than a minute). Of course you were ripped off. Was it a main dealer? They love to bill for labour in chunks. So if it's x per hour they'll charge x/3 for 20 minutes or any part thereof.

Never, EVER go to a main dealer for anything. I feel like going on a rant but my break's almost over. BBL :D
    Wiper blades = Strips of rubber?
    Wiper = Metal assembly including strips of rubber?
    €Wiper > €wiper blade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I meant wipers. The whole plastic assembly - he didn't have blades to fit my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

This post has been deleted.

^^This is very true^^

I recently bought a full exhaust system, brake disks and pads and a starter from the main Volkswagen dealer in Belfast, each item being at least 20% cheaper than any other source I could find.

It pays to shop around but not overlook the main dealers either.

Advertisement