Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI-SPEED USB at a reduced speed

Options
  • 09-03-2006 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Everytime i plug in my memory key is get this message ...
    HI-SPEED USB Mass Storage Device will fuction at a reduced speed when plugged into a non-HI-SPEED port.

Can anything be done ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Get yourself a USB 2.0 Card, that msg pops up when your pc has ye olden usb 1 ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya at the moment theres 2 types of usb speeds
    usb 1.0 and usb 2.0
    basically every computer that has come out in the last 3 yrs has come out with usb 2.0 dont worry though as all usb 2.0 products work with usb 1.0 but just at a slower speed
    lets say your transferring songs your mp3 player well they would go much faster if you have usb 2.0 (it really is a lot faster)
    although as far as i know its a big enough job to install usb 2.0 (then again im not really sure on that)
    unless your doing a lot of transferring and have the money to blow i wouldnt bother upgrading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Couple of things.
    First came USB 1.0 ,then 1.1 and then 2.0

--Upgrade strategy

If want_to_upgrade_usbports='Y' then
    select cash into pocket from atm;
    if my_machine='PC' then
    select usb2.0_pci_card from local_supplier where price<=cash;
    open PC; fetch usb2.0_pci_card into PC;close PC;
    elseif my_machine='Laptop'
    select usb2.0_pcmcia_card from local_supplier where price<=cash;
    insert into side_of_laptop values (usb2.0_pcmcia_card );
    end if;

SB 2.0 you simply buy a PCI card or pcmcia(for laptop) with the ports on it from Peats,maplin,dixons,pc world,hell even your local grocery might have them!!!

Advertisement