Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

games on 3

• 09-03-2006 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

anyone got any games on their phone that are any use?

i got Lock 'n Load, Rise of war. at first i thought it was great to see such a game on a mobile, when ya think back to the days of snake. but its a crap game.

anyone get any good one? seen an ad for the fast and the furious but not sure about purchasing.

anyone any recomendations?

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Although I didn't get it off of Three I have Skyforce...excellent game!
    However I did for some god unknown reason purchase Carmageddon for my Nokia 6680 from Three but the sound doesn't work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

carmageddon...jeez who thinks up this shtuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

i got racing fever 3D their last month its ok
    got age of empires the yesterday class game though it was €7
    is it true that on different phones you get offered different games
    ive a v3x would that have most of 3's games

never heard that but i dont know many people on the three network apart form people on here.

i have tried to get some games before and been refused as they were not compatible with my handset, nokia 6680

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't waste your time getting games for the v3/v3x or in fact, anything that's not symbian - the games are by and large rubbish and cannot compete at all with symbian games.

Lock and Load is decent but its boring - looks lovely though. Don't bother wtih the Fast and the Furious - it's terrible, it looks ok in the screens but its actually java as opposed to sis so the sound is terrible, the framerate is terrible, etc.

My favourite games are Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3d, and Carmageddon 3d - Cabaal, did you get the crappy 2d version or the full 3d version? The full 3d version is great! :D

Here are some of the best games - Lock and Load, Doom, Duke Nukem 3d, Carmageddon 3d, Sky Force, Explode Arena, Rally Pro 3d, Splniter Cell Chaos Theory (in .sis, not java), Resistance,...unfortunately there are so many games I can't actually think of the names, including some excellent full 3d beat em up games. Speaking of which there is a great 3d flight combat sim called "Victor Halls Fighters".

If you have a 6600, one of the best games is Pandora - a full 3d mech combat game with great graphics and sound. It doesn't work very well, if at all, on most other symbian phones, even those with more ram.

If you have a decent sized MMC/RS-MMC card, you can look at playing all the N-Gage games as well - Ghost Recon especially is an amazing game that will keep you occupied for hours but there are loads of great ones like Tony Hawks, Red Faction, Operation Shadow, etc.

And don't forget the possiblity of emulators for Symbian, play all your old nes games and even snes games. :D

• Advertisement

i think we can just close this thread now. you've basically answered everything.

i got poker millions. well kinda got it. i rent it. pay one euro for three days playing. worth it imo. if your into texas hold 'em its a great time killer

go sonic the hedgehog part 1 and prince of persia (latest one) both very good

yeah seen prince of persia advertised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Get Virtual Pool Mobile. Fantastic .sis game.

Sensible Sudoku is imho easily the best Sudoku .sis clone.

PoP .sis is quite decent aswell.

• Advertisement

yeah contimplated virtual pool but pool games can be crap even on a gaming console.

again, if you like poker the poker million is a class little game. detailed reports at the end of games on your stats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

For retro gamers like myself VF have Paperboy, Bomberman, Ghosts n Goblins, Metal Slug, Pacman, Rainbow Islands and a fantastic looking double dragon released yesterday.

Other excellent games (IMHO) are:

Super Puzzle Bobble

Block Breaker Deluxe - Similar to Arkanoid (Taito are doing a re-port of this mobile title at the end of this month and Bubble Bobble!!! SWEET)

Sonic The hedgehog Part 1 - Fantastic looking for a Java game! Part 2 is coming out next month

Megaman

Splinter Cell/Prince of Persia series all play well

Alphawing 2 - R-type style shoot-em up

24 - Excellent game with lots of variation

New York Nights and Sims 2 - Good titles for fans of the genre

Gem drop - tetris style game

Who wants to win a million/ Weakest link - For trivia fans. Trivial Pursuit for any hardcore trivia fans

Monopoly and Cluedo - For board game fans

Various poker titles for the gamblers amongst us inc. me :D

And yes i do work in mobile gaming! :p

Good sites

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk
    http://wireless.ign.com

On a side note, Symbian games are vastly superior to java games. Unbelievable difference.

how much are vodafone charging for sonic the hedgehog part 1? I paid €7 for it on 3 and i think part 2 has just been releases on planet 3 must check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Those games are alright, but not great...Java games can be good yes but they are very limited.

I've been playing my N-Gage alot lately, and here is a list of the best games I've tested recently. All Symbian sis files... If you are serious about mobile gaming Symbian is the only way to go! :D

Just though I'd compile a decent list in case anyone is on the lookout for some good games for their 6630/6600/6680/3620/3650/etc

Sky Force
    Lock And Load: Rise of War
    Resistance
    Carmadgeddon 3D
    Doom
    Doom 2
    MicroQuad
    SuperMiners
    Pandora
    Winning Fighter
    Fatal Gear
    MadMac
    Xyanide
    Darxide EMP
    Hockey Rage
    Agile Fighter
    MicroPool
    CA Karting
    Wakeboard X
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Anarchy Boxing 3D
    American Racing 3D
    Rally Contest PRO
    Westline: World World II Elite
    Quake II
    Martial Arts 3D
    Victor Halls Fighters
    Metal Bluster
    Metal Bluster II
    Virtual Pool
    3D Motoracer
    Explode Arena
    StuntDrivev
    Fatal Arena
    Atari Retro Collection

I'm sure there are loads more - if anyone wants specific knowledge or opinion on any games either above or not mentioned let me know - but at the moment that's what I have on my trusty N-Gage (along with my N-Gage games of course)

Nonetheless, there are some superb java games out there, most notably:

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
    Age of Empires
    Age of Empires II (These games are absolutely amazing.)
    War of the Worlds
    Prince of Persia Warrior Within/Sands of Time
    (In fact, pretty much ANYTHING by Gameloft....)
    Fatal Force
    Metal Slug
    1944 Campaign
    Worms

Don't bother with these "3D" J2me games - they look good on paper but when running are choppy, crap framerate, and just all around terrible - if you are using a non-symbian handset, stick with the 2d stuff....even though there ARE some decent 3d java games on rare occassions like the ones that come with SE phones, Tennis and Splinter Cell.

1huge1 wrote:
    how much are vodafone charging for sonic the hedgehog part 1? I paid €7 for it on 3 and i think part 2 has just been releases on planet 3 must check

All VF games are €5.

probably the only thing vodafone are cheaper on
    though it could cost €2 just being on the vodafone live portal while your downloading it

Advertisement