Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on 7900GTX?

Options
  • 09-03-2006 5:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, 500 points on 3DMark 2006 over the 7800GTX?
    Though have you guys seen the XFX model???...XXXtreme, clocked at 700MHz core and 1800MHz memory clock :eek:

That card should beat the 1900XTX, but what i see happening is ATI will drop price to beat the 9700GTX and then it's down to the numbers and preference.

I can't justify either card, it's just too close to Vista/DX 10 the G80 card. This time round i am going to wait, i got an 256MB X550 that will last me a few months. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah i figure my msi x850xt will last me a while at least, games and sli are becoming too cpu limited anyway.

Looks like a evil card for benching, cant wait to see how it overclocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

7900GT here I come, as soon as it's available. Or maybe i'll pay the extra cash for the X.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

At last we've a gfx battle again... Ati's prices are coming down to match Nvidias. Id say the cards are gonna be fairly even.. It'll all be down to which u prefare and what games u play. Nvidia have the upper hand as so many people have Sli rigs already, then there's me... I've nothing, so who do i go for?? Hopefully 7800gts n gtx's will drop in price on the second hand market... As RD said, with Vista n DX10 on the way n Intels new cpus n amds new socket i aint gonna blow big bucks on a system just yet.. maybe ;-p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i like those prices of the new cards, i MIGHT be able to get 2 x 7900 gtx's in sli :D
    wonder will the maze 4 blocks fit them, same mountings as 7800's?

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    i like those prices of the new cards, i MIGHT be able to get 2 x 7900 gtx's in sli :D
    wonder will the maze 4 blocks fit them, same mountings as 7800's?

Well the 7900gtx has the same cooler as the 7800gtx 512 so its possible they are the same.. A few people have said they're the same but theres nothing official yet..

well the 7900gtx is faster

I meant the mounting for the coolers... ;-p

unklerosco wrote:
    I meant the mounting for the coolers... ;-p
    HAHAHA silly me

i just landed myself a sweet deal, getting a 7800gtx for £150, woo hoo, should get that this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

gline wrote:
    HAHAHA silly me

i just landed myself a sweet deal, getting a 7800gtx for £150, woo hoo, should get that this week

hummm where pray tell?

• Advertisement

Drapper wrote:
    hummm where pray tell?

off a guy i know that owns an overclocking shop ;)

gline wrote:
    off a guy i know that owns an overclocking shop ;)

can I know him too? :D

Drapper wrote:
    can I know him too? :D

i better not give out details, dont know if the deal is going ahead, looks like he might have to rma the card, i think it was overclocked too much, hahahah

gline wrote:
    i better not give out details, dont know if the deal is going ahead, looks like he might have to rma the card, i think it was overclocked too much, hahahah

wouldn't be a friend of yours gline if he was not clocking mad !! lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

*strokes 9600pro*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Hey listen, i've got an X550 right now and tbh...it's just fine. Sure you can't play FEAR with all the eye candy @ 1600x1200...but still.

Hey listen, i've got an X550 right now and tbh...it's just fine. Sure you can't play FEAR with all the eye candy @ 1600x1200...but still.

ah i agree, im using a 6800 at the moment and that does fine for NFS:Most wanted

BUT oblivion is out in a week or 2 and i want a beast of a gfx card for it to play @ 2xxx x 1xxx res :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Komplett has both GTs and GTXs in stock now, not bad prices either when you look at them compared to the 7800s (altough I expect they'll be dropping in price soon).

Advertisement